DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

Hi @MrTommymxr ,

You might want to integrate this fixes for your mod, since the 500 feet, Minimum callout and 1000 feet to go alerts are missing on the DA40 :frowning:

Thatā€™s something that has been mentioned since, well, the game released.
The DA40 sound pack simply does not have those sound files included and I cant really do much about that sadly.

I managed to enable the 1000 to go and the minimumsā€¦ the TAWS system check ok and 500 does not work, so its the soundpack :frowning:

The 1000 togo tone?
hm, could you paste the code. ill put that into the next version.

I am experiencing problems with the Mod and IVAO. When I start the IVAO software (Altitude Software 1.10.4b) the Garmin 1000 seems frozen. So I tried to connect it after the engine is on and everything is working, and it looks like itā€™s not tracking in the IVAO system (the aircraft doesnā€™t move in the tracker nor webeye). I donā€™t know if the problem is related with this Mod or with the G1000 Mod.

Rgrds

Discovered this after grabbing your excellent DA62X mod. Thanks for your hard work!

Do you plan to make this a separate aircraft with the next update, as you did with the DA62? I definitely like that approach best.

scroll up.

Whoops. :slight_smile: I went back 7 days, but not 17.

Very cool, looking forward to it!

Can anyone enlighten me what the message ā€œFADEC Check FAQā€ displayed in the G1000 alerts means? I read about the FADEC, I checked the FAQ but I still donā€™t get what the issue is. The FADEC seems to do the job described in the PDF (I can see the RPM going up and down when I change the throttle position) and everything seems to be as it should, but the message gives me the feeling that I am missing something.

Me too,but I still canā€™t solve it.
Did you solve it?
Can you teach me?

Iā€™m sorry, but I removed this mod, so I cannot help you. The message was gone for a while for me (without having changed anything), but suddenly reappeared. The message also appeared when all other mods except Navigraphs new AIRAC data were disabled, so it was no conflict with other mods or tools.

Seeing as there were no other hints here about what might be the reason, also not in the FAQ that everyone keeps pointing to I have just given up and moved on. The only hint there is that it is normally related to SimConnect; you might check if you have some addons or tools that use it. Iā€™m not sure if Navigraph and LittleNavMap or Pilot2ATC fall into that category. I do use these but I donā€™t have a SimConnect.cfg anywhere. I donā€™t know, none of these were running when I had the problem.

Thereā€™s so many interesting mods and planes; right now Iā€™m enjoying the DC-6 :slight_smile: Maybe Iā€™ll get back to this later.

There are too many mods, free and paid for me to test.

I cant know if there is an issue if no one tells me :confused:

you say the RPM is following the curve correctly even with the message?

please read and, yeah

3 Likes

I have the same message in my PFD. In my case I donā€™t think the RPM follows the curve though, RPM mostly seems to try to stay at 2150.

Any ideas? Also, which FAQ is the warning referring to? I tried to find an FAQ but so far no joy.

the FAQ is on the flightsim.to page

Oh my, thanks! Iā€™ve been looking the page up and down several times but always missed it! I seriously need new glassesā€¦

I donā€™t think I have any other simconnect mods as is mentioned in the FAQ. Unless the DA62X mod counts, I would suspect that uses simconnect too. But on the DA62X the FADEC works just fine for me. I guess Iā€™ll try temporarily removing all other mods and see if that changes things.

Also, I forgot to start by thanking you for your wonderful mods! Iā€™ve been enjoying the DA62X for many, many hours. Only just downloaded the DA40 today, though.

Edit: I can now confirm that it is a collision with another mod. With only the DA40 mod the FADEC works. So now Iā€™ll need to put them back in one at a time to see which one it is. Hereā€™s hoping itā€™s at the beginning of the alphabet, hehe.

if you can figure out which mod it was, that would be great

Iā€™ve now put all mods back in and the conflict doesnā€™t arrise again. Strange. Anyway, Iā€™m sorry I couldnā€™t give more helpful feedback on what the cause was, but for my part Iā€™m now happily in the sky with the DA40.

1 Like

its been a while

14 Likes