DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

update of the Beast ^^ danke dir

1 Like

My engine just failed 10 minutes after takeoff, says ECU fail. Was forced to make an emergency landing at a disused runway. Googled to find out why it happened, turns out this mod simulates the loss of engine if you’re pushing it too hard (I was pushing it at 100%). I’m super amazed, just had my first “real” emergency in a simulator that I didn’t set up ahead of time thanks to this mod.

5 Likes

you are the only person who openly likes this feature. everyone else hates it.

9 Likes

like everything, you rarely see people on forums telling they like something

I like that feature

9 Likes

Count me in the group who likes the feature too! Adds some depth.

3 Likes

Plus 1 @MrTommymxr

2 Likes

Why would anyone hate a realism feature making it possible to destroy an engine by overheating or overstressing it?
I always hated the fact that every airplane engine can be set to 100% full-throttle even in the middle of a desert, and two weeks later (when testing with infinite fuel) it would still be roaring at 100% without having lost one single drop of oil, without ever overheating, and without any failure or problems at all.
This is not realistic.
The more realism and taking good care of a plane and it`s engine is necessary, the better.

5 Likes

It’s not exactly realistic that an engine quits just because you run it a full power for 10 minutes. But it IS realistic that you don’t do that in any airplane so it forces you to reduce the power after takeoff. 10 minutes is a very aggressive (towards the engine) approach to do that anyway
 Keeping in mind that this is a freeware mod made because he wants it it’s a great feature for sure.

I love the feature. Love the mod. Makes you treat the Sim plane as you would in real life. Bravo!!!

3 Likes

#metoo!
On liker’s side
 :slight_smile:

it’s not really about realism. It’s about respecting the manufacturer’s recommendations.

Not to mention the fact that there are 2 (now 3/4) lights blinking yellow and red at you constantly.

If you blow up the engine, idk, it’s kinda your fault

The FADEC also keeps the set power setting no matter the temperature or altitude.

Also, if crashes are disabled, then the engine failure script is turned off.

4 Likes

Thank you! :sunglasses: :+1:

Thank you, I really appreciate your work :+1:

1 Like

@MrTommymxr I just want to take a moment to say thank you for all the wonderful work you have done on the DA60 and DA40 NG. You have made them infinitely more enjoyable to fly with your mods. The stock DA40 NG is almost unflyable right now without your mod, constantly hitting the redline at all power settings.

And now your new work in adding the C172 JT.A!

Cheers, my friend! :beers: :sunglasses:

1 Like

+1 for me as well, a super mod and makes the Sim D40NG more like a real DA40NG. Well done and many thanks for your work!

I have a question for anyone who knows the real DA40 NG
 in the climb, do you stay at full power? Or bring it back so it is out of the yellow? I like to operate as realistically as possible.

You only use full power for take off and initial climb. Must reduce to power to 92% at a safe height to take it out of the yellow. Must stay in green for any further climbs never use full power!

2 Likes

Thats what I thought. Thank you.

1 Like

Anyone having issues with the elevator trim? Mine is reversed for some reason ( nose down makes the plane go nose up). I am also seeing the range button on the G1000 MFD isn’t working and now I can’t zoom in and out.

do you have the stock G1000? or today’s updated G1000? or the NXi ?