DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

4 Likes

hmmm interesting. certainly the DA40 i have flown IRL did not do it and here is another video https://youtu.be/BTwHq6UpM5g?t=129

that’s the TDI. MCP is 100%

sorry i forgot that in MSFS its NG not TDI! I’ll crawl back into my hole now :laughing:

good work on the mod btw! :+1:

You almost hit it. There’s a TDI too (as an extra plane in higher package), unfortunately it’s encrypted so modification is not possible.

I need some help. Been away from MSFS for many months. When I try to use the working title G1000 with MrTommy’s DA40, both G1000 screens are just blank. When I remove the Working Title, they work properly, but no extended engine pages. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.
I have WT 0.4.1 (latest), and DA40 0.4.5.
I have dropped all folders into the community folder; it looks like this:

• DA40-NGX
  • workingtitle-g1000

When I remove WT, the default G1000s work fine.
Any ideas?

haha I was doing bushflight with da40 and out of sudden engine died, flying over the city so obviously crashed and had to restart. Was bugging me what happened for longest time. Now I know : D

Check you don’t have garmin nxi installed from marketplace

I do not have NXi installed. Thnx.

I’m having the same issue, NXi not installed eitheir WT g1000 Legacy v0.4.1

I have no problem using NXi v0.3 with this mod.

I’m trying the DA40-NGX for the first time, I downloaded v0.7.7.1.

Can the starter be operated when the input method is set to “LEGACY” in the MFS settings? If so, is there a trick to it? I can move the key to the “START” position using the mouse, but I can’t hold it there, it flips back to “ON” after a fraction of a second. I tried hunting for a special click spot, I also tried the “secondary” and “tertiary” mouse controls, they don’t appear to do anything.

I read the included documents, I browsed the posts here and on flightsim.to, I checked the FAQ.

does ctrl-e work?

Yes, that’s what I did to go flying anyway. But it feels like saying “uncle”. :smiley:

I found that when I assign a hardware control to “Engine Master 1 Set (1)” using FSUIPC, I can use that switch to get through the GLOW phase, and THEN I can use the mouse the pull the key to “START” and hold it there until the engine is running.

Am I missing something?

Yes, I was missing the guarded ENGINE MASTER switch. The weird behaviour of the START KEY (“ELECTRIC MASTER”) had me so distracted (“Focused on Failure”) that I failed to look for a separate ENGINE MASTER and, having flown dozens of hours in the DA62X, I had kinda internalized that “the guarded switch on the left” was not important (in the DA62 it’s used to… uhm… switch the secondary de-icing pump to another electrical bus or something). I had a blind spot there. Brains… sometimes they do weird things.

Only after spending more time with the AFM, I realized it referred to ENGINE MASTER and START KEY, but never to ELECTRICAL MASTER, and then it clicked and I went looking for the invisible switch.

1 Like

update. medium big

9 Likes

I’m a bit confused about which G1000 mod to use with this aircraft. The readme file seems to suggest using the working title g1000 mod @ Release g1000-v0.4.1 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

But working title state this mod will soon be deprecated and we should use the G1000 NXi mod in the msfs marketplace?

both work.
its on you

1 Like

Many thanks MrTommy for the update. The DA40NG is my favorite aircraft to fly in MSFS2020 and I very much appreciate the constant improvements that you are making to the default aircraft.

I did a quick flight and I noticed that only the fuel in one of the tanks seemed to slosh around, and I believe I didn’t hear any wheel/gear sound effect on landing. I’ll do more flights tomorrow.

The fuel only really starts sloshing at 14gal. But ill take a look.

General drifting/driving sound effect or hard landing sound?