DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

I’m sorry. The 2x DA-40s that I fly (N37NA and N53TJ) are DA-40s with G1000 cockpits and prop/mixture controls. I believe they are XLS models. If it helps, I freely confess that you are much, much smarter and more sophisticated than I am. Would you please help an idiot like me use your Mod better by explaining to me how your mod triggers engine failure from using too much power so that I can reduce my incidence of engine failures using the Mod. I have politely asked you this question several times now and all I get is snarky and belittling responses. If our positions were reversed, I’d simply be trying to help you. Please help me.

Ill let you figure that out yourself :slight_smile:

Engine will fail if you push it above suggested max perf time limit. AFAIK it is set above the POH limit a bit to force realistic power setting usage.
As I’ve not flown DA40 for a while I’m not sure if the current version implements the “notification” of rising temps and sputter when engine is overloaded for too much time - these were introduced earlier - but it should not have any issues pushing out 100% until 500 AGL and doing it repeatedly during traffic circle practice.
So basically if you fly it as you’d do realistically the engine won’t fail but if you push it to 100% for long time - what you must not do IRL - it’ll.

I really hope you are lying, and that you are not actually flying those airplanes in real life. If you actually did fly them, you would know that those are equipped with the Lycoming engine and the NG is equipped with the Diesel Austro engine. You would know this if you actually flew the airplane, because as a pilot myself you need to know all about the engine that powers the craft you are flying. The DA40 in sim is not a Lycoming equipped model.

1 Like

Oh and BTW I fly the NG in sim the way it is supposed to be (92% Max Cont Power and below) and have never, ever had an issue.

Thank you friend. :slight_smile:

TL;DR: Disregard.

@MrTommymxr, did you change something about the control elements above the PFD recently?

In VR, the light switches and knobs to the left of the guarded EMERGENCY switch seem to be blocked sometimes by an “invisible wall” now (with v0.8.0.1). I’ve never seen this before and I’ve done a fair amount of flying in the DA40 (v0.7.7.1 and v0.8) in the past weeks.

During my test flight, the switches and knobs became accessible in VR after I switched back to “flat”, hovered the mouse over the buttons, opened and closed the switch guard, and then switched back to VR. That, and the fact that 0.8.0.1 is only supposed to fix an issue related to the NXi, kinda makes it feel like it could’ve been a sim bug.

Also could have been a fluke, I can do more testing and see if I can consistently reproduce the problem and if that “workaround” is reliable, if that helps.

edit: After a bit more testing, I believe that it was some invisible UI element blocking the switches. SU5 appears to have issues with UI windows being sometimes invisible in VR until they’re closed and opened again, possibly only (or mainly) during “missions” like bush trips, which is where I encountered the issue. Pretty sure an invisible Navlog window is the culprit.

1 Like

Found that the current DA40 as at WU6 has new texture problems, so please continue to include the old DA40 3d model with the DA40 NGX.

2 Likes

It seems like the latest WT G1000 update has stopped reading some engine parameters like Load and fuel pressure. Just downloaded so don’t know if it’s a wider problem than just the improvement mod…

WT standardized the EIS screens for each stock aircraft that uses the G1000 in this latest 0.7.0 version as well as added new custom functionality for EGT/CHT and leaning.

If the EIS screen was customized in the Mod, it may need some revisions with these latest changes.

1 Like

fix later today

5 Likes

Fix for WT G1000NXi
Note: Naming and order of System and Fuel page is not correct.
Not using NXi fuel totaliser at this moment.

Old panel.xml is still provided for those who still want to use the WT G1000 mod

7 Likes

Am getting a fuel usage of 0 GPH all the time after the last update.

i shall investimagate.
unlimited fuel set?

Negative, normal configuration, no unlimited fuel.

Ah. i know why. I haven’t released the 40 with the fuel flow increase yet. this panel file is set-up for that.

2 Likes

fix is live

9 Likes

Many thanks as always for your work on this.

Sorry if I’m doing something wrong but the engine / lean page doesn’t seem to be showing the cylinder or gas temps as it does when I use the the NXI on the default c172?

In reality there is no lean page on the DA40NG.

2 Likes

Roger that. I thought it might just be a standard with the Garmin.