DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

I take it then it works fine without the mod. Try a different version of the mod and see what happens…to help isolate the issue.

Hi problem solved.

Care to share.

First of all, thanks for this amazing mod. Wanted to ask if there are any further updates planned ?

So, I am having issues setting an altitude on AP. After climbing/descending using VS or FC, the aircraft always stays around 200ft above the assigned altitude. Anyone experiencing the same?

Make sure you are setting the altimeter baro setting on the primary instruments. I had the same issue, and it turned out that the external hardware I use for setting the altimeter will only set the baro setting on the standby altimeter in the DA40. The primary altimeter baro setting was only adjustable from the controls in the virtual cockpit. I don’t know why this is an issue for me, and just for the DA40.

Yeah, it seems to be related to the Altimeter. But I do not have external hardware and am using the VC controls to change it. I am not seeing this in other aircraft…

If I set the altimeter to 29.92, it shows 7000 as expected.

Yeah I think the problem is the AP is using a different baro setting than the PFD altimeter. The SimConnect baro setting is changing the one the AP uses, and not the PFD. Maybe the AP is using the baro setting from the standby altimeter? Try keeping both in synch and see if the problem persists.

This has been asked before in this thread (you can use the search function, tick"search this topic" and search for “baro”).

yeah it uses the standby altimeter, no idea how to fix this.

Just remember to set both.

HI Chap…loving this improvement mod. When an ECU A + B failure occours, is there a way to rectify the fault or is it terminal?
regards

its been a long an boring weekend…

3 Likes

I got a little bored today.

1 Like

hey MrTommy,

Was just wondering about the “Check Mod/Livery” message in the DA40. It’s not letting me do things like check the Pitot, nor does it show anything when turning the engine on. Is this to do with the new update?

Thnx

Can anyone enlighten me what the message “FADEC Check FAQ” displayed in the G1000 alerts means? I read about the FADEC, I checked the FAQ but I still don’t get what the issue is. The FADEC seems to do the job described in the PDF (I can see the RPM going up and down when I change the throttle position) and everything seems to be as it should, but the message gives me the feeling that I am missing something. I don’t have any of the mods that are listed in the FAQ as not being compatible.

I am using DA40-NGX v0.7.6 and the G1000 mod v0.3.7 with Sim Update 4, in case it matters…

Edited: So I’ve no idea what went on; on like the 5th or 6th start of a new flight the FADEC caution message has disappeared, so whatever it was, I’m probably good?

When you read the FAQ, what did it say regarding warnings or limitations with the FADEC?

If you were getting a FADEC error message, you were probably in violation of something in the FAQ

Nothing, that’s why I asked.

" 1. FADEC

The FADEC controls manifold pressure, injected fuel quantity and propeller speed according to the desired engine power preselected with the power lever. The RPM will follow the RPM set curve. (Further details in the included PDF)"

Where does it say anything about limitations? Are we talking about the same FAQ?

Throttle lever is not moving and Prop RPM stays at 2150RPM. (FADEC CAS message)

FADEC Code hasn’t loaded in. Check the Incompatible mod list.

Confirmed: Incompatible mod/plugins:

Uwajimaya’s lighting mod: Its included and improved
Kinetic assist: delete simconnect.cfg in your “my documents” folder.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me - the odd thing was, as I tried to mention: I had that message in the G1000 display, but I could move the throttle lever and the load and RPM would both change just fine. I cannot reproduce it any longer, it was just very confusing to me as I couldn’t find anything wrong. I also haven’t changed any of my plugins, but as it’s okay now there’s no need to waste any more thoughts on this.

Thanks for this nice plugin, I really like the more realistic feeling it provides!

3 Likes