DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

there is no low vacuum warning, it has been removed.
Confirm that you see the modified thumbnail in the menu while selecting the plane

Yes I confirm I see the red X. I should be fully updated, I downloaded just 30 mins ago from the google drive

restart the sim, the G1000 hasn’t loaded in for some reason,
also you have to manually set the prop RPM.
CTRL F2-F3

I manually set prop RPM also in non-FADEC? is it also F2 and F3?

the FADEC manages RPM and boost pressure for you.
no matter the altitude or temperature. (provided the engine can achieve the set power in the conditions)

ok and on FADEC the throttle axis doesn’t work, correct?

By the way, re the g1000 not loading
i noticed it was because I was using a separate livery. On default it’s fine

how is your community folder setup, specifically which liveries are you using and what order are they in?

this is my setup and it works with the liveries

So in this order:

DA40-NGX
WAT-Livery-Asobo-DA40-NG
workingtitle-g1000

I’m guessing i should put the livery down at the bottom like you did? and this would also apply to the other improvements, not just the G1000?

try that yeah. new game, we are all learning

playing around with a non castering nosewheel
https://gyazo.com/c177a6056fdfc1762ca8f4d17b0d862f

1 Like

Thanks for this mod, I really like the DA40 NGX aircraft and am using the non-FADEC version. 2 things I noticed.

1. Aircraft oscillates left and right when using the HDG mode on the autopilot. Seems to be worse during climb, and comes and goes during cruise. Stops as soon as you disable the heading mode. Standard MSFS DA40 is much worse, but both have a similar problem.
  2. Clicking the synchronize heading button doesn’t set the autopilot heading to the current heading. Instead it always sets the heading to the initial heading of the aircraft when it loaded on the runway.
    This is not a problem with the MSFS standard DA40.

I am also using the G36 improvement project Bonanza which I understand also uses the G1000 mod. The G36 does not have either of the problems listed above. Am using ver 0.3.1 of the G1000 mod.

2 Likes

I am aware of the HDG mode oscillations, im in talk with the G1000 guys if thats something they can change. The PIDs are off. The most i can do is limit the roll rate and acceleration of the autopilot, this then messes with course interception.

I had this aswell, thought it was a g1000v2 thing, didnt realise it was specific to my da40. Im not sure what it it, but i will keep it in mind

2 Likes

Yes, seems to be just the DA40-NGX as your DA62X didn’t have a heading wobble either.

its a combination of weight, aileron affectiveness, damping, PIDs. I wish it were simpler :’(

Ive reduced it a little, but ATM i recommend climbing at a faster speed ~105 knots

v0.5.7 is on the drive!!

Changes:

• Improved outside lighting by Uwajimaya
  • G1000 limitations set (FLC, VS mode)
  • Some autopilot change ideas stolen from Jonasbeaver
  • Improved ground handling, No longer a free castering nosewheel. Ty tclayton2k
  • Tail: reduced trim deflection
  • Ailerons: Increased adverse yaw, effectiveness reduced at higher load factor
  • Low power correction added to FADEC
  • Wing: Added 0.75° of incidence, Increased flaps lift, reduced clean lift
3 Likes

Is the DA40 TDi going to get some modders love by any chance?

The TDI is a DLC aircraft and is locked

+1, has anyone any idea when the throttle axis problem will be fixed by Asobo so that the FADEC can be linked to it?

bug report has been sent. No idea.
ATM im looking into how the A320 auto throttle logic works, but i have no idea.