DA62 G1000nxi loading improperly

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Da-62

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Brief description of the issue:

The G1000nxi does not properly transfer the information between the screens when the right one is turned on. Instead, the engine instruments stay on the left screen and I am unable to change from VOR mode to GPS mode. I also cannot do anything with the transponder

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Turn on the battery and then the avionics. Then press the appropriate key to turn on the right G1000nxi.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Huh !

The same happend to me in the 208 this weekend.
I closed and restarted MSFS and then restarted the flight and it was back to nromal.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes, was able to experience it once with the DA62, but intermittent, cannot reproduce with defined steps.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Maybe because I put my PC in Hibernate mode with the sim running and when I went back, starting a flight with the DA62, same symptoms. As advised by SaucierPen464, restarting the sim fixed the issue. Maybe restarting just the flight can also fix the issue but I did not try that.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Sometimes restarting the flight has worked. I haven’t tried a whole reset of the sim. I’ll definitely try that next time.

Do you frequently experience that issue ?, do you know some specific steps to follow in order to be able to reproduce it ?

It’s happening on at least half of my tries. I don’t have a specific way to reproduce it. I just turn on the master battery, avionics, then press the rightmost key on the right G1000.

1 Like

Looks like issue is not specific to the DA62 but can also happens with other aircraft equipped with the G1000. SaucierPen464 reported above the same with the C208.

1 Like

I just had it happen to me in the Cessna C172. Seems more a problem with the G1000NXI as a whole than with a particular plane.

Same issue here. Never saw it before. I start the battery and avionics switch but the engine indication stays on the PFD and I’m unable to set a course and switch the CDI from VOR to GPS.

This issue has been fixed in SU15.

2 Likes

I noticed some odd-ball events similar to this. Typically, an [ESC] “[Home] RESTART” fixes the issue for me.