DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Try a little bit higher approach speed, that helped me a lot in flaring. Instead of the 80-85 I start flaring around 90-95 and it works much better. Leaving a bit of thrust also helps but I found higher approach speed better suited for me.

I had to reinstall the G1000 mod to get it working. Same version mind you. Just reinstall the same one.

Had a great flight from CYYJ to KSEA. Snow capped Rockies looked magnificent. After landing a KSEA/Seattle I cleared the runway and suddenly there was a bump and engines shut down with an ECU failure. I havenā€™t checked my settings since a complete reinstall but I had failures set as low as possible before.

How do I recover from an ECU

Both engines shut down at the same time? If so then there is some other issue

I installed the DA62X in my Community folder.
In the MSFS Aircraft lineup only a DA62 appears.
How can I tell if I have in fact got the DA62X?
TG

The DA62X mod will show a grey triangle in the lower left corner of the aircraft picker if you have it correctly installed.

2 Likes

I have a grey ā€˜triangleā€™ in the bottom left of the Default livery, not the Kenmore.
The ā€˜triangleā€™ takes up about 30% of the bottom left corner & stretches to & just touches the RH corner.
(I assume I donā€™t pull the Asobo DA62 out?)
Anyhow, I think I have the X as I was flying it yesterday & it was very very smooth & well mannered.
Thanks
TG

Yes that grey triangle is how you know the mod is properly installed.

Yes, this triangle only appears for the default livery thumbnail.

FAQ is linked in the original post and twice on the download page

1 Like

After updating from version 0.3.1 the Elevator Trim indicator stopped working. It always shows full nose down and doesnā€™t move regardless of setting.

Hmm, elevator trim works for me. Iā€™m on the latest version.

It is just the indicator animation. The wheel itself turns and trimming is working.

Problems with the trim indicator animation were introduced some Sim Updates ago. I donā€™t know at the moment if it is still there in the (unmodded) stock plane. Will have to check.

Edit:
Just checked:
Animation of the trim indicator is working in the stock plane but not in the Mod. I remember that Tommy fixed the animation that was broken by some previous sim update, maybe this now conflicts (however I thought that this was only in the DA40ā€¦).

Stock:

Mod:

Nah it has been broken since december ish. They fixed it last update but the mod uses older files that i need to update.

4 Likes

I meant only the animation, thankfully the tooltip says what position the trim is currently in.

Good to know youā€™re aware of it. :slight_smile:

Is there any simconnect variable to move the fuel levers or the transfer pumps? I tried the usual contenders and no luck.

Is it just me or does this mod cause the plane to have a lot of drag with gear/flaps down? Was just doing an ILS approach on 34L at Narita (RJAA), with the engines at something like 40% power according to the G1000, and it still undershot the glideslope (I was several hundred feet short or more, four red PAPIs and everything) even leaving the flaps up until I was at about 1000 ft. Was sitting right on the stall speed the whole way down even with that much power, I didnā€™t want to put in any more than that but I probably needed to, considering how insanely slow I was going. With the flaps up (but the gear still down) it seemed about right, but once I got the flaps down it just plummeted. Potentially an issue with Sim Update III, or the autopilot not recognizing the changes to flap drag and trying to fly it as if there isnā€™t any? I see people saying they need to leave in 3-5% throttle, but I was at about 40%, which is obviously too much for an approach.

Seems fine to me

Yeah I tested the same approach and it handled alright at the same throttle settings, though I did have less fuel. Maybe Iā€™m just not used to ILS approaches shooting so low as they get close to the runway to smooth out the descent, even though Iā€™ve seen it plenty of times already, or maybe the ILS bugged out? I had the ILS bug out on me once before.

From watching vidoes of real DA62ā€™s it seems normal to use about 50% once the gear and flap is down on final.