DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Yeah, I think your assumptions are showing when you say “40% is obviously too much for an approach”. Why “obviously”? What is your evidence IRL that 40% is too much?

1 Like

I’m just curious, what did prevent you from adding throttle on approach?
It’s not about getting used to ILS approaches, but rather about RTFM.

I also tested an ILS in prep for a DA42 flight and it seemed okay. Apart from the obvious higher speeds per power setting.

V0.4

1. Big thanks to mugz for adding the following:
  • Pilots (Can be toggled on the pedal adjustment switches)
  • Arm rest can be fliped down
  • Enabling 3 position ECU voters.
  • Gear/Fire test button (no animation)
  • New camera angles.

PDF and checklist updated

1. Powerplant:
  • Some simple code added to reduce overshoot
  • ECU Voters now fully work
  • The engine will stutter when switching ECU
  • Left vent can be pressed to run both ECU test at the same time
  • Lowered starter torque
  1. Systems:
  • Flaps indications are now correct
  • Gear fire test works (no animation and sound)
  • Added differential braking
  • Fixed cockpit trim indication
  • MD302 mod by Abdullah compatible. V0.1 included, Drag and drop into your community folder (more details in PDF)
  • MD302 brightness linked to both G1000s (mod and standard)
  1. Flightmodel:
  • Ground effect tweaked (less sudden)
  • Increased tail incidence
11 Likes

Fantastic work, appreciated as always!

Honestly it just felt like 40% was already a lot. Flying ILS approaches in basically any of the other aircraft I’ve done usually required a lot less than that, I wasn’t expecting to need to go so high. Knowing it’s normal now I will, but it’s not like I read the entire POH just to go fly a not-quite-accurate aircraft in a definitely-not-perfect sim with a mouse yoke and a keyboard for everything else. I truly don’t care that much.

Please don’t use language like “obviously” in the future. Try to differentiate between facts and assumptions

Well, it did seem obvious to me. Like I said, I’ve never come across an aircraft that uses that much power on an approach. Mistake noted, you don’t have to get all haughty. I’ve only been in a real airplane once, I’m still learning a bit, and I honestly just want to fly instead of worrying about parameters and specifics. It’s not my first instinct to check the POH if something doesn’t match my expectations, in my eyes that’s just trying too hard for a sim that isn’t designed to be study-level.

There are many da62 landing videos you can watch

This is also true. I have seen a few, I guess I must have been misremembering the power settings they used there.

The mod feels great overall by the way, the aircraft actually feels as light as you would expect something with such massive wings to feel, and I think it climbs better, though I haven’t flown it stock in a while (took it out for the first time in a couple weeks with the mod yesterday). The ECU takes some getting used to, watching it move the power setting by itself in the third-person view (which is where I spend a lot of my time, the DA62 and MSFS’s scenery are both gorgeous) is a touch odd, but also somehow makes sense. And it’s definitely more efficient on cruise power, that much I can feel.

I’m not being haughty. I’m giving you good advice for the game and for life. If you can more rigorously identify what things are facts and what things are your own assumptions you will do better in life. You don’t have to take this advice. Do whatever you want it’s your life.

Thank you Sir for the good work.

Just took it around my local circuit a few times and had to come back and add to my post. Excellent!

You sounded very snobby on my end, like me making a wrong word choice (and not one I use often, 99% of the time I completely avoid absolutes, I slipped up here and should have said “feels like” or “seems like”) was the end of the world and made me an idiot just because all the data I currently have doesn’t support the behavior I observed, and I generally expect MSFS to model aircraft to fly similarly instead of realistically as that’s been my experience so far and is something I’d expect out of the current state of the sim anyway. You don’t have to say I’m naive and try to give me life advice because I made a simple mistake that I normally wouldn’t.

Anyway, I have some bush flying and aerobatics planned up at the moment. Should get back to those.

Something else I just noticed because I keep coming back to the Diamonds, is the slow update rate of airspace borders, airport locations, etc. on the G1000’s maps (both PFD and MFD) in the DA62 (and DA40 for that matter) intentional? Looked up some videos of the G1000 and it doesn’t update continuously, but it seems faster than what the planes do in the sim (more like every third or half-second compared to what looks like every second in the sim), and it also updates with the terrain background instead of having the terrain update continuously and then having the markers update in steps. Been using the WT G1000 mod for a while, but I’ve only noticed this on the DA62 and DA40 with your mods for them installed.

I enjoy flying the DA62X. Many thanks for all the hard work.

Awesome, thanks Tommy!

As Always, awesome job and very grateful for your dedication to update frequently yours mods!

I have no FADEC! Is there anything special that could be the cause?

Have you done a fresh install of the mod?

Yes! And maybe this is related: WASM: ERR_FATAL_FILE_ERROR (-239 / ffffff11)