DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Nope. It’s not about overheating, it’s the physical stress on the parts. It was introduced as an “easter egg” by the ModFather a few updates ago. It resembles that 100% power should only be used for a limited time (take-offs, emergency, etc.).
Prop speed (and blade pitch) is controlled by FADEC, you’ve nothing to do with it, it’s a very comfortable “1 handle” engine management.
Check the docs attached to the mod, they provide a LOT of details about the functions and hints on how to fly this plane.
Your power set won’t move by itself, if that changes it’s your controller for sure. I’ve a cheap TWCS and a Honeycomb Bravo, neither of them showed power setting changes unintentionally and I have around 100hours in the DA62x at least.

Thanks for that explanation now I better understand the stress modelling as it relates to engine failure!
As for throttle, I’ve tightened the friction and that now seems stable, had it looser for the jets as mentioned in previous sim so every time I touched one of my throttle controls to push/pull it impacted on the thottle, didn’t realize before how it could impact on the engine.
Also, does msfs 2020 garmin 1000 accurately reflect the information available?
I watched a video and the MFD showed lots more info pages, such as fuel calculation, VOR signals locations of airfields, extended gauges etc.

The default G1000 is pretty limited. The WorkingTitle G1000 brings further features, but it is also pretty limited compare to the real thing. WorkingTitle are currently working with Asobo on improving the default unit and hopefully bring in even more features, so we’ll just have to wait until they are ready to release un update.

1 Like

Yes I have found features with g1000 add-on not in the default…wish they’d feature in OBS.
However I did have to raise the SS in graphics to compensate for a more VR blurry g1000 font.

To the topic of engine failure:
Is it realsitic? No, the engines will not fail after 10min, but the lifetime of the engine will be significantly reduced.

It’s not about realism, it’s about not abusing the powerplant and respecting the limitations from the manufacturer.

If you dont respect them, you will be punished.

6 Likes

And to your point MrTommymxr…since we get a brand new plane each time we fly without I believe wear and tear carry over from previous flying sessions, this is the only way to implement that sort of realism.
Would be interesting to have the option to re-spawn wear and tear into the same aircraft. I did notice a wear/tear option but I think that was for the single flight.

2 Likes

I think we’ll need to wait for an A2A release to have a proper wear and tear simulation…

3 Likes

Using the DA62Xv0.4.0.1_GD3I5 mod by MrTommymxr, this evening I entered the DA62 with several yellow and red alerts from the get-go, also I noticed the upholstery was really showing signs of wear, worn out and dirty.
I exited and re-started and all was back to normal.
Was this a bug or an Easter egg?

What were the yellow and red alerts? If the oil and coolant temps are low the respective gauges in the g1000 are flashing yellow. That’s normal and supposed to be like that.

Oil temps high.
ECU failure.
The upholstery is supposed to age?

Of course the upholstery is supposed to age. Otherwise unflyable, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:https://forums.flightsimulator.com/images/emoji/twitter/face_with_raised_eyebrow.png?v=9

Mhh. Interesting. I haven’t had that before.

As for the upholstery I’ll have to check mine.

The DA62Xv0.4.0.1_GD3I5 mod by MrTommymxr has slight wear and tear but what I saw was black all around the edges, material very worn out.

low temp? -30° im confused

can you post a picture of this?
I have done nothing related to cockpit wear or cockpit textures.

MrTommymxr I will certainly next time I see the really worn representation.
But I do see the slightly worn interior more frequently…so you’re saying your mod affects neither?

No not -30C I meant if the the temps are still in the yellow area (below 50C) I think then the gauge will flash yellow.

Are you using the G1000 0.4? I havnt used it since ever and idr if i have specifically added yellow blinks and stuff

Yes I am. So that might be related to that mod. My bad