DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

ive removed everything from the community folder and redownloaded the official plane and mod from drive and it works.

I have the g1000 mod in the community folder also, should I remove this?

so do I, also works.

Nope still CTD. It gets to the main menu (I can see the options etc) but it just freezes at that point then CTD. Event viewer just states a crash with ntdll.dll
Now get this error image

If I remove the DA62X from the community folder I get no CTD

hmmmm i dont understand

So, I am kinda new to this. What exactly is FADEC and what is the advantage of using it over not having it? (Kinda want to keep using my throttle axis)

The FADEC does many things.
IRL it keeps the mixture properly (thats already built into the game)
it keeps the set power a constant, no matter the pressure, altitude or temperature. Set 90% power after takeoff and you wont need to monitor it all the way up to your cruising altitude

3 Likes

Thanks, so if I use the non FADEC version in-sim the only difference will be that I will have to keep adjusting my throttle?

correct. as you climb the air temperature drops, giving you more power.

after a certain point the turbo cant keep up and power will drop. These values still have to be tuned

2 Likes

Interesting
 Just tried the NOFADAC version and no CTD. So it is only the FADAC version that causes the CTD

NoFADAC = Smiley face :slight_smile:

I am guessing the CTD with FADAC is something specific to my controller setup?

Awesome that the DA62 is getting some love, a question tho, will this be a DA62 only project or all Diamond aircraft. If it’s all Diamond aircraft, have you considered setting up a discord so we can more easily follow this project :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:
nice that it finally works
 hm, need to see.
check your DMs i sent you my discord

well we can only really work on the 40 and 62. the 20 and TDI are locked.

i also want all the the questions and feeback here and not have it segmented. Probably will make one for the Devs. Need to see

Will do. I need to get back to “Work” cough so not actually tested flying it. But I will look at testing it later this evening. Thanks @MrTommymxr legend!

Ah ok, that’s fair enough. Will you be uploading the DA62 mods to a 3rd party website, like Flightsim.to or MSFSaddons.org once they’re stable?

already have the 40 on Nexus. Again, need to see.

Thinking of only GitHub, as everyone here is using it, however i have no idea how to set it up.

If anyone wants to help. please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im confused what’s max continuous on the 62.

Engine can do 95% (2250rpm), but the prop max Continuos is 2200rpm (90%).

currently this is what i have setup in the g1000, obviously the lower wins, but im not sure

1 Like

also cruising at 3° nose up doesnt seem right

Never taken the DA62 to that altitude before!

So the AUX tanks also have a quantity probe.
but where do they show the fuel on the g1000?

I assume on the Fuel page with a separate line after the main tanks?