DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

The WT G1000 is known to be broken by this update, yes. I’m sure there’ll be a fix soon enough.

As always, remove your community add-ons when upgrading, and only add back ones that work or have been fixed to work. :slight_smile:

Nope, I’m kinda out of the loop. Got a link?

Nope. Gotta stay in the loop

1 Like

Nah, I don’t have the time to read the forums and go flying, I’d rather go flying.
So I’m back to the default C172 until Github tells me that there’s a new G1000 release.

Unfortunately a change made in today’s update seems to break a key part of our file loading for the G1000. This is causing a broken MFD, and it may affect other bits of the Garmins, too. I’ve sent a query off to our friends at Asobo for some more information/guidance and we’ll get things straight as soon as we can, if we can. But there won’t be a release for these tonight. We’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

So I guess I will fly todays FSE jobs in the DA62 in X-plane. I can’t bring myself to undo the MSFS DA62 with the Mods by Mr.Tommy and the WT1000.
It really does stack up quite nicely against the Payware DA62 for XPlane…I think the only thing missing is the Oxygen reservoir and refill :wink:

We’ve released an updated version of the G1000 to work with WU4, but unfortunately the functionality used to load the custom engine display pages has been somewhat crippled.

For more info, please see this post in the DA40 thread, because the forum won’t let me post it here, too, because it’s too similar.

3 Likes

Also in addition to the easy fix for the custom display pages, this mod and the DA 40 one seem to have an issue with the ECU. Seems like the ECU is implemented in a wasm module so that may only get fixed when Asobo fixes their wasm bug.

As for the custom engine pages, it is really easy to do it yourself. Just go to the mod folder of the DA 62 and then go to the subfolder “\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA62_NG\panel”.
In there you will find a panel.xml and a WTEngineDisplay.xml file.

Open both, copy the contents of the WTEngineDisplay.xml and paste them in the panel.xml file.
It is best to scroll down to the bottom of the panel.xml and insert the WTEngineDisplay.xml content one line above the </PlaneHTMLConfig> marker. You can now remove the WTEngineDisplay.xml or just leave it there.

8 Likes

May have been user error or got fixed in the newest update. ECU works.

WASM issue was hotfixed last night. A new small patch was downloaded this morning that solved Spad.Next LVAR bridge issues too.

WU4 fix is out.

Enjoy

16 Likes

A lot of thanks for all your work.

Ladies, idk how to say this, but im kinda done with the mods. Im not sure what else can be added. Some things are not perfect, but the game and SDK needs to mature.

I have been busy with work and gliding season has started, and I dont have time or motivation to work on the mods as much as before.

In the meantime I can keep the mods current with the game updates. But thats about it.

If someone is up to the task of taking over. Hit me up.

22 Likes

All your efforts, you’ve done already much appreciated, you’ve created a lot more enjoyable plane!
For me it’s already a great plane and usable for every aspect. Maybe several months later after the glider season you can check if the future SDK will bring anything new worth putting effort into it but even if not we’ll still owe you at least a beer. :slight_smile:

Agreed. The plane is in a good place. No need to force changes when none are necessary. As long as you keep the mod updated for new sim updates I’m happy with it as-is.

1 Like

Using the DA62X is a much better experience over the default. Flies well, works well, follows the POH pretty accurately. This would be a good place to leave it for now. Thank you for all your work.

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work. Your DA62 is one of my favorite planes to fly.

@MrTommymxr You’ve done a brilliant job with this aircraft, I fly the DA42 from time to time in real life and I must say, you’ve done an awesome job. I fly this mod often and always looking out for your updates.

So my silence in this thread is due to great satisfaction and pleasure from your great work, I have no further requests for now👍!

Great job!

Thanks for all your hard work. Very comfortable with the DA62X, it’s one of my favorite aircraft in MSFS2020 because of your outstanding contribution. You have set an excellent standard for other modders. Enjoy life. :grinning:

2 Likes

Great work way better than original. You put in enough time.

1 Like