DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

I never used the gtn 750 mod and had no idea it needed its own cockpit file.
Didnt know.
Sorry bout that

Forget it. You are the best!

Hi, I have always used the DA62 in FS Economy and with the GTN750 (since I always fly VR). Alas, now I have a DA62 and a DA62X. Only the DA62 will work with FS Economy and only the DA62X will work with the GTN750 (with the latest mod from pms50). My liveries no longer work with DA62X, but I can live without that, but I need the GTN750. Are you ever going back to the old way of just having the X version as a mod and not a whole airplane?
Could you give me a link to the previous version of the mod???

I have used the latest version with FSE without any problems.
But I do not have the GTN750 mod and so have never tried that combination.

Must admit though
I was not able to add the liveries. I did watch the yTube video, but I was more confused after watching it than I learned :smiley:
Maybe placing the two windows side by side and not behind each other along with a pre-typed notepad would be a good method.

I have gone back to the previous verson for now. The chances of icing in the Canaries are fairly low this time of year.

Hi, if you have a copy of the previous version, could you send it to me?

For FSE You can Alias the DA62x as normal Da62

In the aircraft.cfg change the Titel to DA62

like this

[FLTSIM.0]
title = “DA62” ; Variation name

FSE should recognise it as the default DA62
You have to do it for every Liverie you want to use in FSE

1 Like

oops.

ok I’ll try and push out a hotfix today

1 Like

A link to the previous version would be a most welcome way to put the DA62 back to work.

1 Like

I just tested it and it works with “DA62X”.

Im confused

FSE added a official Alias for the DA62x.
Editing the aircraft.cfg is no longer needed.

1 Like

Know what, im gonna revert the change from the last update.

Didnt realise how many other mods and stuff that rely on the default naming structure and naming.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

@BilingualHarp7 @JayDee6281

4 Likes

Update is out!

1 Like

I like the separate model. The FSE issue is resolved – I requested the alias on the day you released that version and it didn’t take them long to add it. And the GTN issue is easy to fix (if it hasn’t been already, I stopped using it when I saw the price). Just my 2 cent.

I cant make everyone happy.

3 Likes

That’s what you should’ve said like five posts ago. :wink:

Anyway, I hope you’ll stick with the separate model for the 172. That’s where I actually need both versions of the 172 to be accessible. If you’d opt for the “override the existing model” approach there, I would have to move the JT-A folder in and out of Community instead of just selecting the model I want.

Thanks for considering this.

yeah thats a whole different aifcraft. Thats staying separate

1 Like

Thanks for the change. That is a favorite plane! I just tested it and the GTN750 works perfectly and I earned 6000 with FS Economy!

Just wanted to say, Mr Tommymxr, that you’re great. I’ve put 58 hours onto the DA62x in a big cross-USA trip with a foray into Baja. You’ve done fantastic work, and it’s really, really appreciated.

5 Likes

Big thanks to MrTommy!. I am flying the DA62 90% of my FS time!