DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

ok. It does appear to load the mod - thanks! I can see the G1000 mod in there, as well as the GTN750 I had installed, and performance is definitely different from stock! All I have to do now is dial in my rudder pedal adjustments for taxi and I should be good to go…

you can see the grey triangle/fillet on the bottom left of the thumbnail.

Hi, thanks again for your excellent mod. Just asking if you plan to incorporate the new G1000 NXI by Working Title once it’s released in early access?

1 Like

why would he needs to incorporate it?

it replaces the g1000 without touching the panel.cfg

Does it? I have no idea, so I’ll take your word for it :D. I imagined some work would need to be done because of the DA62x mod’s specific customisation, like the drawing of the engine, systems and fuel pages

1 Like

mind you, I re-read what Matt wrote

Liveries will not be an issue with the NXi, because no changes are being made to the panel.cfg

I guess it’ll fit from the start, but I’m not 100% sure
maybe added features wont for from the start in the NXI…

ill ask rob.

thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

FYI, if today’s update breaks something i wont be able to work on it till the weekend.

8 Likes

Just some bugs I noticed since update:

• The red fuel lever lock (unsure of the name) doesnt move, cant even click it

• Might be something wrong with the FADEC (I’m no expert here so might be wrong). Load figures do not give me the expected RPM figures.

G1000 related issues (I guess this still needs to be repainted since it’s just released…just listing issues to help you :slight_smile: )

• The glow alert is green instead of white.

• The systems and fuel pages are not there. The main engine page is ok

• Overloading the engines doesnt show in red or yellow. Load numbers also dont show in %

• Not sure if your mod or the NXI, but I’m getting an Altitude Fail master warning. Didn’t affect altitude capture

• No Master warning/caution sounds. EDIT: No oral alerts at all

No rush, because otherwise the mod is perfectly useable and enjoyable :D. I’ll report if I notice more issues.

The red fuel lever lock (unsure of the name) doesnt move, cant even click it

• i heard this new input system is breaking things

Might be something wrong with the FADEC (I’m no expert here so might be wrong). Load figures do not give me the expected RPM figures.

• need to investigate

G1000 related issues (I guess this still needs to be repainted since it’s just released…just listing issues to help you :slight_smile: )

The glow alert is green instead of white.

• interesting, dont know why they changed it.

The systems and fuel pages are not there. The main engine page is ok

• mod installed? i heard it should work

Overloading the engines doesnt show in red or yellow. Load numbers also dont show in %

• i removed that last update or the one before. idr. overshoot was like 0.1%. no need to go red

Not sure if your mod or the NXI, but I’m getting an Altitude Fail master warning. Didn’t affect altitude capture

• i saw they added a buggy atmosphere model based on temperature. ill remove the warning until it’s fixed and ive reversed engineered it.

No Master warning/caution sounds. EDIT: No oral alerts at all

• nice…

No rush, because otherwise the mod is perfectly useable and enjoyable :D. I’ll report if I notice more issues.

• :kissing_heart:
2 Likes

@MrTommymxr - I’ll try to check tonight, but as a stability option, Working Title did release one more update of the G1000 (non-NXi) updated unfortunately to 0.4.0 which will confuse followers who only remember this as a buggy beta number.

I’ll check to see if anything’s obviously broken, but if it’s simply an iteration of 0.3.7 update to SU5, it should work cleanly on all your mods.

Sigh… it seems there are a number of axis-related control issues associated with SU5, across all planes… I had throttle issues in the TBM 930, trim issues with Carenado Mooney, steering response issues with the Longitude, etc…

thanks for your reply. Yeah mod is definitely installed. I get the ECU tests like normal and other da62x mod functions work correctly. I wondered maybe something failed to load, but even after a sim restart, the fuel and systems pages weren’t there. Re the reloading the engines they were definitely going yellow at full power before in the latest da62x mod, but not anymore.

But this is minor stuff, I’ve been flying your mod all day + nxi without issue aside from what I mentioned

Not sure if this has any impact on your mods, but the fuel selector core template has changed the selector enum to left, right etc from numbers.

<!-- FUEL ####################################### -->
<Component ID="FUEL">
	<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_FUEL_Switch_Pump_Template"/>
	<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_FUEL_Knob_Selector_Template">
		<ANIM_NAME>FUEL_Switch_Selector</ANIM_NAME>
		<NODE_ID>FUEL_Switch_Selector</NODE_ID>
		<USE_BUTTON>True</USE_BUTTON>
		<BUTTON_ANIM_NAME>FUEL_Switch_Selector_Button</BUTTON_ANIM_NAME>
		<SELECTOR_STATE_0>LEFT</SELECTOR_STATE_0>
		<SELECTOR_STATE_1>RIGHT</SELECTOR_STATE_1>
		<SELECTOR_STATE_2>OFF</SELECTOR_STATE_2>
		<TT_STATE_0>NORMAL</TT_STATE_0>
		<TT_STATE_1>EMERGENCY</TT_STATE_1>
		<TT_STATE_2>OFF</TT_STATE_2>
	</UseTemplate>
	<CameraTitle>Instruments05</CameraTitle>
</Component>
2 Likes

The working title team has confirmed, that for the moment with the nxi you cant have multiple system pages but that will come later, so you can use the traditional version 4 with system pages or the nxi beta from the market place without only default engine page

they just wrote on the Bonanza mod page that it will come next week apparently. Fantastic news.

1 Like

Also installed on SU5 with v0.4 of the G1000 Mod for Working Title with minimal issues. Following little niggles that I’ve noticed but nothing major:

• Fuel Guards don’t want to function
  • G1000 Range dial isn’t functioning. Will try with the NXi mod.
  • Co-Pilot doesn’t show but pilot does.

the thing is. the mods dont use any original files. no files are shared from the base game. you could remove the da62 from the official folder and only have the mod.

now, how the ■■■■ is all this stuff breaking?

3 Likes

The real question is

Why both of your mods are still not made stock by Asobo?:unamused:

10 Likes

So true. That is an awesome mod and should be standart