DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

I didn’t get an update notification from flightsim.to either. If I re-download it seems to give me the new one though (the S6UIR)

Since nobody else seems to experience the crash you’re talking about, it seems likely that it’s not caused by the DA62X. It might be caused by another mod and only get triggered by selecting the DA62X in MFS.

If I were in your situation, I would start by making sure I don’t have an old custom livery for the DA62 installed. I would also try loading the DA62 with another livery included with the game to make sure it’s not one of the Asobo-made liveries that causes the problem (I think there was some discussion about a livery added to MFS with SU5 causing issues).

Next, I would move everything in my Community folder to a temporary location, only keeping the DA62X, MD302X and the WT G1000. If the crash still happens, I would also move MD302X and the WT G1000 to the temporary location, and try only with the DA62X. If the crash still happens, I would report this finding here, explaining the steps to reproduce in detail, and maybe consider reinstalling MFS.

If MFS stopped crashing with the minimum number of mods, I would start moving folders back into Community, restarting the sim and testing the DA62 between batches of folders until the crash is back, move the last batch back to the temporary folder, and then add only one mod at a time to Community to identify the mod that actually causes the crash, and either stop using that mod or report the issue to its author.

1 Like

@MrTommymxr Can you disclose what to change to revert to the old behaviour of having the Fuel Selector set to Off for both tanks (with the guards open) when starting the flight at a parking spot?

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy.

Any plans to get the “Range” knob to work with the G1000? not the NXI version.

This update from WT fixes it:

3 Likes

Awesome Thank you sir.

1 Like

I dont make the hashes at the end of the files, so no idea.

The FS20 file system is stupidly fragile, things break way to easy. Even the WT guys broke the range knobs on the G1000, even though they didnt touch it.

2 Likes

Just look for whatever says “fuel” or “tank” in the apron.flt. change them to “off”

why do your guys want to make your lives harder lmao?

That’s a weird question to ask someone who flies imaginary planes, when they could as well simply look up places on Google Maps. :smiley:

I’m a “flight simming roleplayer”. My DA62 D-IWFG is currently parked at EDOC. Yeah, that kind of roleplayer.

When I know a plane will be parked for some time, I prefer to close the fuel valves. It’s just a habit I acquired flying other planes. Ergo, I’d prefer my DA62 to load with the fuel selectors closed.

Setting the Fuel Selectors to off is not part of the shutdown procedure in the AFM, that’s why I didn’t suggest you revert your change, instead I asked how I could do it locally, just for me.

I would love if the DA62X held its state between flights instead, but you’ve expressed that you don’t want to put too much more work into the mod, and I suspect that saving and loading state is quite a lot of effort, since, so far, that feature has only been available for select aircraft from certain development teams (e.g. in the Pipers from JustFlight and in the upcoming planes from A2A).

5 Likes

When i spawn, the Alternators are already ON, fuel selector ON aswell, and the screens remain black, even when trying to turn ON Electric Master.
Community folder:
-DA-62x
-WT G1000

Update: It seems to work with the NXi from the marketplace, but not with the WT G1000 v0.4.1.

Thanks for your response.
I don’t have any custom livery installed.
The only thing in the Community folder is AirManager.
No MD302X and WTG100
I will try without AirManager (I doubt that’s the problem) and keep you posted
Caesar

Quick update out.
Copilot has returned

10 Likes

Yeah, same problem for me with WTG1000 0.4.1.

Rush (AeroSimGaming) is “really impressed” with your work, @MrTommymxr – might not mean much to you, but for me, it’s the ultimate seal of approval for the flight model and systems modelling.

I’ll try to remember to provide links to specific videos (with timestamps) when I get to it.

2 Likes

Rush is very difficult to please - perhaps a bit too cranky sometimes (he won’t mind to say that, he doesn’t take things personally!) He’s got a lot of experience with repairing GA aircraft and is a flight instructor so for him to be impressed is a heck of an endorsement!

I confirm the new update with co-pilot works. Running with working title G1000 0.4.1 and PMS GTN750. nice update as always. Thanks Tommy!

i caught him last week when he was flying it.
A friend dmed me on discord while i was at work yeah

He speaks his mind, while other streamers that have gained a lot of popularity recently seem to carefully avoid every controversial topic, so they don’t have to say a critical word about certain aspects of the sim or 3rd-party aircraft. You probably know who I’m talking about. :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong, they still produce entertaining and educational content, and – thanks to being “easy to please” – they get to demo new aircraft before they’re released, but I for one don’t respect their opinion when I’m deciding whether to purchase an aircraft.

1 Like