DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

But it isn’t below ground level like the main wheels are? If the nose gear was ‘extended’ by which I mean ‘below ground level’, the static pitch would need adjusting to bring the nose wheel back up to ground level.

its lifted

I totally missed that. But I downloaded it now, and as soon as I finish the flight I currently have on pause (since about midnight last night), I’ll install the beta, and do another one in the new DA62 and let you know if I have any problems.

Thank you!!

Kev

Sorry but you said the nose gear is extended, now it’s lifted? So how is the nose wheel at ground level while the main wheels are below ground level?

nose is extended and lifted slightly and mains are dropped a little

Okay, but whatever it takes and however it happens, could we have all three wheels on the ground please?

1 Like

sitting attitude, cockpit sight picture, takeoff and landing is more important than visuals.

3 Likes

you can always copy paste the contact point values from the flightmodel.cfg

@GBTAW how about this?

Truly, “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”. If it doesn’t look right, it isn’t right. The real thing doesn’t look like this, and it IS a simple contact points edit.

well its the 3D model clipping through the ground. The rear suspension is too long.
I can compress the flightmodel suspension to make it sit lower, and the animation follows. But now its easier to bottom out when landing

1 Like

All this for a cockpit view angle. Why not change the cockpit camera view instead?

“sitting attitude, cockpit sight picture, takeoff and landing is more important than visuals.”

That only fixes one thing. also, then the camera would be inside the pilot somehow

It still doesn’t look right, the way the real thing looks on the ground.

scroll up. i changed them

point.0 = 1, 1.7, 0, -3.57, 750, 0, 0.75 36, 0.109, 3 1, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 165, 205, 1
point.1 = 1, -5, -4.9, -3.49, 1500, 1, 0.75, 0, 0.31, 1.1, 1, 4.7, 4.7, 2, 165, 205, 1
point.2 = 1, -5, 4.9, -3.49, 1500, 2, 0.75, 0, 0.31, 1.1, 1, 5.2, 5.2, 3, 165, 205, 1

Sorry I missed that in the video clip - that’s much better, thank you!

I haven’t had a chance to try the beta yet (probably will in the next 20 minutes or so), but I did run into a huge bug trying to finish my last flight. Now, I’m using the NXi, which is in beta itself, so I have not a clue whether it was the NXi, or your plane, but I figured I’d at least run this by you to see if it’s happened b4.

I was turning a long final into KSWF, and was just about to change the AP over from GPS to ILS, and put it in APR mode when suddenly, it commanded a MAJOR nose up attitude, which actually made me gasp it scared me so much. Being in VR didn’t help with that, it was a major butt clenching moment.

I was gaining altitude and losing speed rapidly, and had zero time to try to diagnose anything, so I grabbed my joystick, disconnected the AP, but by then I was way high and way slow, so I got things under control, and just landed manually and visually.

Have you ever seen this kind of behavior from your creation b4?

Kev

You probably already know this, but just in case, the new 0.5 update to the NXi and your planes aren’t getting along at all

And I was going to come back and tell you about all these problems I seemed to be having with the dev version that has the deice fluid features, and it was that all along. But I did notice one thing that is probably unrelated, and that’s when you increase the deice fluid through the W&B in-flight menu, the changes are not reflected on the gauge

Kev

Just a (confirming) heads up:

The latest version of the WT G1000 NXi (version 0.5.0) is not compatible with the DA62X mod: none of the autopilot modes work.