DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

idk, the 62 always had the weather radar enabled.
no idea what happened to it. I never checked, I shall do so.

anyone know how to differentiate between the default DA62 and the impoved mod in the aircraft selection screen? Is there a specific livery you select?

Yes, and the method is clearly explained on the flightsim.to page and possibly in the documentation too.

Iā€™m on SU10beta and radar works for me fine with the new NXi version.

I have found a new behavior in .8 that was not in .7.

When using Lock instead of Legacy mode for the mouse, in .8 when the cockpit cam is the closeup of the PFD or the MFD and you click LeftClick + RightClick at the same time to push on a knob, while the desired mode change occurs, the cam switches to another cockpit cam view that shows a broader view of the instrument panel. This does not happen if you are already in the other cam views that offer a broader view of the instrument panel, just when you are in the PFD only or MFD only cam views.

In .7, the same LeftClick + RightClick just makes the intended change without changing the view.

Examples, where this can be seen, are switching between NAV1 and NAV2 using the Lock Mode required LeftClick + RightClick on the smaller NAV frequency tuning knob, switching between COM1 and COM2 using the Lock Mode required LeftClick + RightClick on the smaller comm radio frequency tuning knob, and switching between normal and waypoint selection mode using the smaller FMS knob.

I use Lock mode because Legacy mode is extremely slow when panning around in the MFD map.

Can anyone else reproduce this behavior?

with the update 0.8 I have the problem that the fuel gauge does not display correctly. I have filled the tank in MSFS and AUX to 65%. When I start the sim now the right tank is empty and the others also do not show correctly. I have to test times the community folder completely emptied and only the DA62x mod started. If I donā€™t start the DA62X mod and start the DA62 in MSFS, it shows the correct amount of fuel.
@MrTommymxr Could you please help me.

Screenshot 2022-07-18 181126

1 Like

OK I see when IĀ“m diabling the DA62X_Statesaving the fuel Indicators works as expected.
Is there a way to reset the DA62X_Statesaving?

as far as I have seen, what was enabled until now was the NEXRAD function, wich is basically the same as a weather radar app you get from the internet on your smartphone, but downloaded onto the g-1000.

In SU10 Beta they now also have included the weather radar wich displays actual precipitation around the aircraft, into the g1000 and apparently it can be enabled in the panel.xml.

From @Lgdeaf above:
Sim Update 10 beta G1000 NXI default
edit PANEL.CFG
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/WTG1000/PFD/WTG1000_PFD.html, 0, 0, 1024, 768
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/WTG1000/MFD/WTG1000_MFD.html, 0, 0, 1024, 768

Works with all the modded/3rd party aircraft using G1000 cockpit (and panel.xml is not encrypted :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

@mikemolto8702 ok my duma$$ released 0.8 with the same bug from 0.8b.

ill fix it for SU10

4 Likes

you fix DA62 0.8b With SU10 beta Download?

Nope, heā€™ll fix it after the final SU10 is officially released and heā€™ll check the mod with SU10 final to see if anything needs to be changed accordingly.

The file download is offline, gave me a ā€œerror 403 forbiddenā€

I realized I hardly ever pan the MFD map, so I switched back to Legacy mode from Lock mode for the mouse to avoid the behavior I reported.

Besides, real pilots donā€™t need their knobs turning blue, right?

If youā€™re referring to the 0.8 beta, 0.8 proper has been released. Check flightsim.to.

Im gonna disable the engine damage and state saving by default.
Its seams to be causing more confusion and problems. they can be enabled if you like, but by default they will be off now.

5 Likes

I like it so Iā€™ll leave it on but I understand the reasons, so yes, disable it and anyone who wants it back can switch that back easily.

MrTommyMxr. Your wonderful mod (v0.8) continues to make the DA62 more and more realistic. Just wondering what else is in the pipeline - doors, chocks, etc? Many thanks for your supreme efforts.

For those that want to have true cold/dark settings with alternator switches off and fuel valves off, I did a side-by-side comparison in Notepad++ between the default apron.flt and the addon version. I found six lines that need to be edited:
50 GeneratorSwitch=False
68 GeneratorSwitch=False
103 alternator.1=False
104 alternator.2=False
178 TankSelector=Off
179 TankSelector1=Off

As always, make a backup copy of the original, or at least donā€™t delete the original zip download so that you still have a copy of the original - just in case something gets borked while editing.

Also, Iā€™ll add my vote for at least having doors that open.

4 Likes

Does anyone need that?

2 Likes