DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

All I can say is 1, I do not have this issue so logically it cannot be plane related. And 2, when the inevitable post comes along reporting a strong right roll, I will have the poster contact you directly. And it will happen.

If you do use the AP to fly straight and level, what does it look like ??
Meaning is the aircraft flying coordinated and is it wings level ??
My guess is there is a trim error somewhere. Not sure where it comes from, but it must be something on your system. Or an unwanted interaction between the 62 and your system.
I did have something similar once but it was a controller input, one I forgot I still had configured. But you said you had all controllers disconnected.

Oh, check the engine health, @LinedOyster95. Maybe the left turbo or something is damaged and the left side has reduced power.

A fine thought, thanks! Checked the engine state file. Alas, no engine/turbo damage. My untrained eye canā€™t see anything here that might cause the issue, but I could very well be missing somethingā€¦

ā€œ[engine.0]
accumulated_time=6.946696
accumulated_time_hobbs=5.121051
[engine.1]
accumulated_time=6.924537
accumulated_time_hobbs=5.121051
[LocalVars]
STATE_FUEL_QUANTITY_L=6.858939
STATE_FUEL_QUANTITY_R=6.859049
STATE_FUEL_QUANTITY_AUX_L=0
STATE_FUEL_QUANTITY_AUX_R=0
STATE_FUEL_SELECTOR:1=19
STATE_FUEL_SELECTOR:2=20
STATE_FUEL_PMP:1=1
STATE_FUEL_PMP:2=1
STATE_FLAPS_L=0
STATE_FLAPS_R=0
STATE_FLAPS_P=0
STATE_E_TRIM=542.033083
STATE_R_TRIM=0
STATE_BARO=1015.25
STATE_COM1A=9301
STATE_COM1S=8480
STATE_COM2A=9488
STATE_COM2S=8208
STATE_NAV1A=5744
STATE_NAV1S=2384
STATE_NAV2A=5664
STATE_NAV2S=5008
STATE_ADF1A=143654912
STATE_ADF1S=335544320
STATE_LIGHT_STB=1
STATE_LIGHT_POS=1
STATE_LIGHT_TXI=0
STATE_LIGHT_LGN=0
STATE_LIGHT_CBN1=0
STATE_LIGHT_CBN2=0
STATE_LIGHT_CBN3=0
STATE_LIGHT_FLD=100
STATE_LIGHT_INS=100
STATE_MASTER_ENG:1=0
STATE_MASTER_ENG:2=0
STATE_MASTER_BAT1=0
STATE_MASTER_BAT2=0
STATE_MASTER_AVI=0
STATE_PITOT=1
STATE_FUEL_XFR:1=0
STATE_FUEL_XFR:2=0
STATE_ECU_VOTER:1=1
STATE_ECU_VOTER:2=1
STATE_PWR_LVR:1=0
STATE_PWR_LVR:2=0
STATE_PARK=0
STATE_XPNDR=18208
DEICE_QUANTITY=4.688914
M302_BRIGHTNESS=0
ESP_ON=0
DAMAGE_BLOCK:1=0
DAMAGE_BLOCK:2=0
DAMAGE_OIL:1=0
DAMAGE_OIL:2=0
DAMAGE_TURBO:1=0
DAMAGE_TURBO:2=0
STATE_ECU_A_RUNTIME:1=261.183335
STATE_ECU_B_RUNTIME:1=265.199999
STATE_ECU_A_RUNTIME:2=265.600001
STATE_ECU_B_RUNTIME:2=260.733334
STATE_ALTERNATOR:1=1
STATE_ALTERNATOR:2=1
STATE_LIGHT_ICE=0
STATE_AVAILABLE=1
DA62_Armrest=0ā€

Thanks for the reply. I just set it up again on autopilot, no keyboard or joystick connected to the computer. Itā€™s interesting, Iā€™m seeing a definite tug of left yaw occurring about once a second. It gives a slight tug, around 1/4 to 1/3 balance ball deflection to the left and then centers again and this happens continuously. This is doubtless what is causing the subsequent roll to the left. But Iā€™ll be jiggered if I can figure out why this is happening. Iā€™ve got no wind and zero control input.

Well with keyboard and joystick eliminated I would ensure there are no mouse assignments to any control axis. That is the last possible input that I can think of.

Unfortunately no control axis assigned to the mouse. Guess Iā€™ll just have to manage the issue with rudder trim. Thanks for your help nonetheless :slight_smile:

An just that I did mention itā€¦you tried this Mod without another mods in the community folder ??

the same issue is with modded DA40 as in 62 modded. 2-3 to the right trim is nessesary all the time.
Itā€™s started few updates ago. Have he same issues. @MrTommymxr said some tima ago that this is nothing wrong but is, especially according to RL that I flown. IRL is only noticable with power above 80%

Not sure if you really have the same issue or just think you do.
The need for a bit of right rudder trim or rudder pedal perfectly normal on a prop airplane with the standard clockwise turning engine.
How much of that is required on a DA40 I do not knowā€¦have never flown the real thing.
And all but one of my Pipers and Cessnas that I do have lots of hours in did have rudder trim, some better and some worse.

the da62 is pretty much neutrally stable in roll and with the new propmodel it makes sense that the plane would roll slowly.

Also the broken statesaving empyting the right AUX tank doesnt help. it will be disabled next update by default.

It all depends on how the trim tabs are bent on the plane.

Which version are people running in SU10 beta?

I found that unexpected behavior in steering can be related to the joystick/yoke sending spurious signals because it doesnā€™t center completely. I solved it by adding a DeadZone of 4% in the sensitivity settings.

SU 10 Update induced a couple issues, that I am experiencing.

1. Autopilot Porpoise. The Flight Director is going up and down.
    MSFS SU 10 update DA 62 Autopilot Porpoise - YouTube

2. My controller switches that ā€œIncrease/Decrease Autopilot Reference Altitudeā€ causes the Reference Altitude to jump in 2200 feet increments. One click 2200 feet, Two click 4400 feet. It should be 100 feet increment.

After installing the SU10 public release today, with the DA62X_Statesaving.xml in the Disabled modules folder, a CTD occurred before getting to the Welcome screen.

Removing just the DA62X folder from the Community folder cured that. Re-adding it again with the DA62X_Statesaving.xml still in the Disabled modules folder, a CTD occurred before getting to the Welcome screen.

Moving the DA62X_Statesaving.xml out of the Disabled modules and back to its original folder, the sim loads normally to the Welcome screen

Short-term fix for those of you who want to fly ā€“ should solve the issue for now.

DA62X\ModelBehaviorDefs\DA62X_Statesaving.xml

Replace the file with this

<Template Name = "Statesaving">	
	<Update Frequency="1">	

</Update>
</Template>
4 Likes

Iā€™m a beta tester but havenā€™t seen any of these in any beta versions. Iā€™m using the G1000 NXi mod Iā€™ve not experienced these issues now either. Iā€™m using a Honeycomb Bravo for AP altitude settings.

what in the name of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦

so yeah. The fix for those not using state saving or engine damage.

1. re enable the modules.
  2. open the .xml files in a text editor (note pad, word pad)
  3. remove everything between the

<Update frequency ="1">

and

</Update>

Ill fix this for the next update, ETA for the 62: this weekend.
40: mid next week

10 Likes