DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Tommy,
When I initially ran the configurator, I got an error stating “the system cannot find the specified file.”
I discovered that you must start MSFS2020 at least once before trying to run the configurator. Might be worth a mention in the Readme file.
James

you mean when viewing the state file right?

Yeah the same thing happened to me

1 Like

Is your question directed to me MrTommy? If yes, I’m not sure I really follow. The error message was shown in the CMD box after I ran the configurator; I had not done anything with the state file.

As I said, I copied DA62 folder into Community folder, and immediately ran configurator, then got the error message within the CMD box saying that configurator couldn’t find ANY of the files that it was trying to modify.
So, I then ran MSFS2020 and shut it down. I ran configurator again, and it worked properly, no error messages. I just assumed that meant MSFS2020 needed to be run for the configurator to properly locate the files.

What’s that device on the left that says “Class Echo”?

FYI, I used the exact setup since early FSX days, but recently upgraded to TCA Yoke and Honeycomb Bravo throttle. Would highly recommend it if you have the funds.

https://shakeprint.com/

The Class Echo simulator panel is a controller made specifically for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It takes many of the most common controls and puts them at your finger tips. No longer do you have to pan around the cockpit and zoom into autopilot, radio, COM and NAV panels. Autopilot values are selected easily using the touch screen and physical rotary encoder. COM and NAV frequencies are swapped with a touch, and input is done with a responsive touch screen number pad. Essential information about your flight, fuel and engines are displayed onscreen in an easy to read layout.

Disclaimer, I don’t own one and it looks like a DIY - they’ll sell you a parts kit.

I dun goofed something with the statesaving.

Hotfix is out

3 Likes

Just tried this tonight, brilliant, quite the transformation from the non modded.
Kudos MrTommymxr

1 Like

Does anybody have a problem with having too much engine power at idle in high altitude airports?
It makes it very difficult to land…

Its all in the manuals

I see it’s normal behavior to these engines. Not sure how to manage high altitude landings then, yesterday i tried to land at an airport at 11000 ft where idle was something like 35% power. It was impossible to slow down the plane below 80 knots at runway altitude, stalling it into the runway was absolutely out of the possibilities. It was a serious struggle to touchdown while the plane just wants to keep flying. The braking part was like slowing down a 747.
I guess these planes aren’t meant to be used at runways in these altitudes…

11k shouldn’t be that high of a power setting.
Unforunatedly thats what the real plane does. Thats why the DA50 has the ground idle detent.

2 Likes

Having not flown for several weeks I load up the DA62X. I find I can not change on the NXi from North Up to Heading up. Can SKS tell me if you can no longer set Heading up?

This is a livery issue, I’ve had this problem with other aircraft too. Remove the panel folder from the problem livery and re-create the layout.json with MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe or just delete the livery.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not using any liveries other than the stock one which is blue.

Do you have the latest version of the da62x mod installed?

Thank you. I believe so but I will double check before next time I fire up MSFS.

Hi. A couple of bug queries. I cannot get the heading sync to work by pushing the heading button on the PFD. And I am also unable to switch between NAV1 and NAV2 by pushing the NAV button on the PFD. Please could somebody advise whether these are known bugs, and whether there is a solution to both. Many thanks.

I solved my head up on the MFD. It turns out that I needed to use the outer part of the knob at the bottom right to change items in the menu. My fault…Change of Nxi?

If you’re in the “Lock” mouse mode (you can check in the Options), you have to use “left click” + “right click” to push a knob now. If you’re in “Legacy” mouse mode, no idea.