DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Yes, the 'Readme" document very clearly states “Drag and drop “DA62X” into the community folder”.

2 Likes

Folks - some non-compliant posts were removed. Be kind in your responses to users please. If you believe a post is violating Code of Conduct, then please Flag it or send a DM to @moderators and we will investigate accordingly. Thanks.

1 Like

@Bananaranger403:
SaratogaPilot87 assumed that I didn’t read the instructions when I clearly said that I did. My confusion came from the fact that the “Modification” was a complete replacement and that the DA62 folder was in the OneStore folder, not the Community folder. (Vibstronium confirmed and cleared up my confusion).

Hence, I didn’t understand that the Community folder, (which happens to contain many of my 3rd party Payware aircraft) didn’t have any, (or perhaps, most), of the aircraft provided by the MSFS Premium program.

Then when you consider that my MSFS installation is on an internally mounted and dedicated drive, and not the default “C drive”, it would be a possibility that this could be the reason why the DA62 wasn’t in the Community folder.

That’s just 2 reasons why I was weary of the ‘drag to community folder’ instructions. Trust me, there are more than just 2 reasons and that all added to uncertainty.

Of course, there was my frustration regarding the lost time spent because of the lack of instructions in many of the OTHER freeware products. I admit that I had just spent all the time I had to fly on an unrelated freeware product just before I wrote the initial complaint regarding this one. I should have waited a day or two before posting, so to that point, I will offer my apologies.

MODERATOR EDIT: Paragraph removed to comply with the Code of Conduct

If you like the da62x, you will definitely like this :wink:

5 Likes

It’s missing an engine though.

5 Likes

I smiled when I saw that you developed the flight model for the RV-10. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a great mod.
The first 10 times or so flights were a lot of fun.
However, on the last few flights, an unknown bug has appeared.
As a result of an unknown power drop with an alarm sound, the aircraft gradually lost altitude and crashed.
There was no problem with the instrument PFD MFD … , so I couldn’t find the cause.

If these values:
DAMAGE_BLOCK:1=0
DAMAGE_BLOCK:2=0
DAMAGE_OIL:1=0
DAMAGE_OIL:2=0
DAMAGE_TURBO:1=0
DAMAGE_TURBO:2=0

…are not 0 in this file:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_DA62\State.cfg

…then you probably have simulated Engine Damage turned on in MSFS Settings.

2 Likes

you can use the configurator to see

1 Like

I had a rather exciting flight where my displays went dark after about an hour shortly after I had captured my RNAV glide path on final approach. I was able to land, but I don’t know what triggered the black displays. Here’s a screenshot. I don’t think anything is configured incorrectly, but maybe someone here can educate me on what I might have done.

I don’t have damages turned on. Here is the output of the configuration batch file I ran right after the flight.

Probably this defect that I reported:

1 Like

That’s fascinating, because the sun had in fact set maybe 10 minutes before this happened.

Any DA42 in the works? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The good news is once you set the dimmer workaround in any G1000 NXi plane, the setting is persistent across all NXi planes.

1 Like

I downloaded the latest version and tried to bind throttle 1 to my honeycomb bravo TQ axis 1. It’s definitely bugged… it appears ok in motion but once motion stops it comes back to idle vs full … throttle 2 works fine. Default aircraft behaves normal.

Edit: problem solved caused by unwanted event in spad.next software I use.

1 Like

I would say there is some sort of conflict or double assignment.
I have something like 400h in the DA-62 with the mod in all it’s stages and I have HC Alpha and Bravo. No issues at all.

2 Likes

Hi-I’ve been flying this mod for a day or two now and find that, vs the unmodified version, it turns to the left and requires constant rudder to maintain straight and level flight. Is that a feature of the real aircraft?

The real thing does not have contra-rotating propellers so it should indeed require some rudder or aileron trim.

1 Like

Many thanks @kengou1

Make that rudder trim :wink: