DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Will it soon be possible to release a version with more accurate DA62 G1000 customisations ?

1 Like

Same for me, I use time compression on longer cross countries and anything above 2x freaks out the modded DA-62, no issues with the base MSFS version or other aircraft. Symptom is power oscillation that gradually reduces airspeed, once back at 2x or less power returns to the right behavior.

Besides that I Iove this mod, cheers to @MrTommymxr !

@MrTommymxr

I noticed something today that I hadn’t before. Not sure if it’s just me missing it all this time, or if the latest update actually affected this. But I was looking at the plane head-on with the lights on, and spotted three ghost orbs floating just under the modeled landing and taxi lights. After confirming that they were indeed tied to those switches, I went into the system config. After checking the SDK doc’s to confirm type and axis entries, I made an update to six lines. On lightdef.12-17, I changed the vertical position from -0.88 to -.050, which effectively raised those orbs about 4½", hiding them inside the glow of the modeled lights.

Here are the lines changed with the changes:

lightdef.12=Type:5#Index:0#LocalPosition:-2.00,-1.30,-0.50#LocalRot...
lightdef.13=Type:5#Index:0#LocalPosition:-2.00,1.30,-0.50#LocalRot...
lightdef.14=Type:5#Index:0#LocalPosition:-2.00,-1.30,-0.50#LocalRot...
lightdef.15=Type:5#Index:0#LocalPosition:-2.00,1.30,-0.50#LocalRot...
lightdef.16=Type:6#Index:0#LocalPosition:-2.00,1.350,-0.50#LocalRotat...
lightdef.17=Type:6#Index:0#LocalPosition:-2.00,1.350,-0.50#LocalRot...

And pics to show the issue:

Before

After

1 Like

heyo, yeah i know, the lights are form uwa’s mod.

i tried fixing that but then the inside of the cockpit would get lit up by the landing and taxi light, and i didnt know why back then. in the end its just the angle that needs to modifed aswell.

Thanks for the code. If i get to revamping the 62 i will use it <3

1 Like

I get a faint glow inside the footwells with this setup, but I can live with that. I do 99% of my flying during daylight VFR conditions anyway.

That looks like reflection off the shiny paintwork to me - aka perfectly realistic…

First ever functional yaw damper in the whole of FS

6 Likes

As there is no yawdamp button, do i slave it to the flight director or the pedals?

1 Like

FD I would say.

2 Likes

Agree, FD makes more sense to me.

2 Likes

Agree with FD

1 Like

ehhh, just tested
When you setup the autopilot for depature, the FD is on, and so will the yaw damp. Not really ideal :confused:

Why not the AP function, mostly started and ending on 400ft before landing you stop the yaw damper allways

1 Like

You’re right actually. I change my vote! Pedals! :grinning:

Would it be possible to trigger the Yaw Damper to a Radio Altimeter height?

it is possible but thats not really correct

wiggle wiggle

3 Likes

Looking good, although the passengers in the back probably looking for a puke bag.

As a side note, I have managed to return the words LOAD% and RPM on the NXi for the engine indications. :wink:

1 Like

what do you mean?

First ever functional ruder and elevator trim in the whole of FS

2 Likes