DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

No problem with 20000ft,

I did after release date Himalaya flight near Makalu, Lhoce, Everest from Lukla t/o and had perefect feeling from peaks :slight_smile: I must say flew with clear weather q1013.

1 Like

Most diamond aircraft - You tell the system/fuel page the amount of fuel you have. The fuel flow determines how much is left. The probes are only for the caution indicator that says L/R AUX FUEL E. The G1000 docs for the DA62 have this as an “Option”.

So your pre flight in DA40, DA62 is to set the fuel quantity manually in the G1000 systems page.

1 Like

IRL can be used at 95% cont.

so the prop yellow actually starts at 2250 or do you simply fly in the yellow?

Max continuous power is the power setting you can set the engine throttle to, so you won’t damage the engine parts and prop. Take-off power is full power and you can only use that for a max 5 minutes. You then throttle back to 95%. As you climb your max power available will go down.

When you take off, the procedure is gear up, flaps up, adjust climb speed, power to 95%, trim.

yeah, but if you look at the charts, they dont match

You set power to not exceed either. If that’s 90% then that’s the max, but as temp, altitude density changes, performance changes, so you may be able to set it to 95% and not exceed the rpm under different conditions.

MSFS does not have this set up right anyway.

1 Like

there is no way you can have 95% and 2200rpm.
Unless the curve in the AFM is wrong.

this is for optimal cruise alt only. 14000ft. and the yellow starts a little after. Changing topic. i 'm crashing with fadec vers

nothing to do with the renamed planed? for asobo_
BW?

Thanks for this - will definitely be giving it a go, the DA62 has been lots of flying fun for me recently.

Can you PM me?
Im trying to find out why.
It doesn’t crash by me and im unable to replicate it.

Thanks

I wonder if its because my prop control is bound to an AXIS

So is mine. it shouldn’t matter. The 40 loads no problem by you

The AE300 and AE330 are almost the same engines but with some pretty important differences. One of which with the AE330 in the DA62 its 95% power or 2200rpm. In different environmental condition they can co-exist. In the AE300 its 92% and 2100rpm which do coexist. This is how they squeeze the extra 12hp out of the AE330. It is normal engine management to have multiple limiting factors to rein in max continuous thrust (for example ITT or torque% reaching limits independent of each other being your max power in a turboprop, this is the same idea).

Cruising at max continuous isn’t ideal anyway (for a lot of reasons over time) and if you have to choose between a programming error at 95% or an error at 75%, the 75% is the way more important number to get correct.

With the turbonormalization system It’s really weird playing with this engine.cfg, I haven’t found the variable to change the speed at which the turbocharger kicks in, and the way it is set you can go to full throttle, watch it go up, count to 5, and watch it go the rest of the way. On the prop side, pulling the throttle to idle and having it dip to 1900rpm and then go back up, the sim almost accidentally models it’s behaviour at lower power settings properly. The nice thing is, from the surface up until critical altitude (where the turbo is no longer able to make sea level pressure) fuel flows are non changing, great for planning and for setting.

Just a brainstorming idea but, maybe a system like the a320 where you can click the throttle to 100% / 95% / 75% / 60% / 45% / idle with the kind of system you used to create fadec would work? At cruise and 75% watching youtube it looks like rpm is a weird value like 2130 or something.

Is your da40 fadec a prerequisite for the DA62? Could it be localization, naming, windows store v steam? It took out my switch panel drivers and they wouldn’t load again until a full pc restart, so I’m waiting for a solution before I try it again.

Nexus is the best place to be - very civilised there :slight_smile:

Yeah, 3Âș does not sound right. Look at this video: https://youtu.be/K102v4CXtBA
Around 1,5Âș at 11000ft, 147 IAS and 75% thrust.
Maybe it has something to do with “Increased drag to compensate for the extra thrust”.
As author of a TBM 930 project, I know that it’s like fix something that brakes other two things, it’s hard, but keep the good work!
Adding this to Github would be really nice!

AliĂĄs, tu Ă© brasileiro rapĂĄ?

Agora que reparei na foto dele. :joy::joy:.

1 Like

Anyone interested in seeing what’s going on with the changes (me I am not smart enough to get involved here). These are the engine.cfg changes - Good luck :slight_smile:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/simulation_objects/aircraft_configuration_files.html

https://www.diamondaircraft.com/en/special-mission/aircraft/da62-mpp/tech-specs/

Thanks for the docs :+1: