DA62X Improvement Mod (v1.0?, OCT 4)

Tried the latest Beta version you posted here today and I have to say it is awesome. Really like the flight characteristics now. Thanks a lot for that

I found that it can sometimes take 2-3 presses (so 15sec) of windshield de-icing to actually clear the ice. Just fiddle around with it a bit, it certainly works but needs some attention. Itā€™s not a set-and-forget thing.

3 pumps will actually make it run for 45 seconds.

Make sure to also turn on defrost. But in heavy conditions the windshield will still ice up, but slower

Something Something update

Chanegs

• FADEC added with combustion extinction (not active on the ground)
  • Runnup tests ECU B then A, no longer both
  • Weight and balance is more accurate to the real plane
  • Vertical speed and Altitude Failure behave correctly correct
  • Deice Fluid can be reset. You must be: On ground ,Parking brake on and shut down
  • Deice Alternate switch behaviour changed
  • Engine indications only stop after the engine has stopped turning
  • Red load warning added
  • Feathering behaviour improved
  • Fuel totaliser behaves like an actual fuel totaliser. Turn the plane off or use the ELT to reset it
  • Fuel transfer rate set to a more realistic rate (1 gal/min)
  • Gyro drift and weirdness fixed
  • Restored ground effect
  • Changed sitting attitude 0.5-1Ā° nose up (rear wheels clip through the ground slightly)
  • Changed tail incidence and neutral trim setting
  • Softened suspension
  • White navlight changed
  • Improved Autopilot PIDs

Also

• Included instructions for Thrust bug

Whenever the thrust bug is fixed I will look into redoing the flightmodel

3 Likes

This results in a CTD for me once loading a flight. Sometimes it will crash before Iā€™m able to hit ā€œready to flyā€, sometimes I get enough time to hit that but the cockpit wonā€™t load and then CTD.

I donā€™t do liveries and Iā€™ll CTD with v0.3 every time with nothing but the WT G1000 mod installed.

Reverting back to 0.2.6.1 works fine, not sure about the betas.

Yep same here 0.3 gives me a black screen when the aircraft loads in followed shortly after by a ctd.
0.2.6.1 is fine.

Exactly the same thing happens with me with ver 0.3. After I click ready to fly, I get a black screen, and hear ATC start, then sound stops and CTD without ever seeing the cockpit.

Removed all other mods except DA40 NGX, DA62X and G1000, clicked ready to fly, got the black screen and heard ATC communications back and forth. There was a warning chime in the background. This time didnā€™t get a CTD, but never got to see the cockpit either, just the black screen. Could toggle between cockpit and outside views but always black.

Finally tried it with just the DA62X mod by itself, when I allowed the ready to fly animation to run, I ended up in space looking back at the planet earth. Then CTD when I clicked ready to fly. You can just see the aircraft in this space shot that appeared after the animation moved off the planet.

Can also confirm same issues with new DA62 update. Update is not flyable. Lucky to have started using MSFS Add-On Linker made trouble shooting so much easier.

i can confirm the issue also with the loaded black screen

Reverted to 0.3b (which I was flying today) works with MSFS update.

Fixed, Sorry about that guys.

1 Like

Diamond Space project?

Much better!

Wasnā€™t able to give it a full test but I did buzz the neighbourhood a bit and things seem to be working as expected.

Thank you, Tommy!

Iā€™m pretty sure this statement is wrong, I have flown a lot of aircraft, pistons (single and multi), turboprops and jets. Power / thrust never increases with an increase in altitude.

The decrease in temperature partly recovers the power but power still decreases as the reduction in air density has a far greater effect. Simply said power / thrust output is depending on air density (pressure, temperature, humidity), air density decreases with an increase in altitude and so does the maximum power output.

With an altitude boosted turbocharger or supercharger you might be able to recover the lost power up to a certain altitude. For a supercharger this means lower performance on ground compared to a normally aspirated engine followed by a slight increase in BHP with increase in altitude

For a turbocharger it means more or less same performance on ground than a normally aspirated engine followed by a slow decrease in BHP with altitude as exhaust back pressure increases (but a way lower decrease than a normally aspirated engine).

For a turbocharger it means more or less same performance on ground than a normally aspirated engine followed by a slow decrease in BHP with altitude as exhaust back pressure increases (but a way lower decrease than a normally aspirated engine).

I know i know. In real life turbos are alot more complicated that in the game.
In the game they just output a static manifold pressure until it cant, without taking into account losses in front and behind the turbo.

1. 50inches MP on the ground 30Ā°C and the waste gate 50% open
  2. compared to 50inches at 10000ft 10Ā°C and the waste gate 100% closed

The game would get you more power out of #2 because the air is 20Ā° colder

Ok, you meant the in game situationā€¦ I assumed you meant in real life. Sorry in that case. The engine models are really a pain in the behind, the PT-6 is also trashed. It would be nice in real life to have a turbo spinning for free :joy:.

I havenā€™t flown the DA-62 in a while, I will update the mod and give it a go. Thanks for your work! :blush:

Great job! I really like the improvements the mod makes to the plane.

One question to the experienced flyers. The plane spec sheet says about 1000ft/min climb rate. But does it matter at what speed?

It does matter, also the pressure altitude, ISA deviation, gross weight and configuration (flaps - gear) matters. Youā€™ll need to check the DA62 POH, there is a performance table for both initial climb (after take-off) and cruise climb.

There are tables for different weights and for take-off there is a separate table for flaps TO and flaps UP.

Take-off (Flaps UP, 89 kts IAS, Power 95%, Gear UP, Gross Weight 2300 and 2200 kgs):

Cruise Climb (Flaps UP, 96 kts, Power 95%, Gear UP, Gross Weight 2300 and 2200 kgs):

Thank you.

If I go 95% power at a max of 1000ft/min ā€¦ then iā€™m at 130kts in no timeā€¦ so throttle down I pressume?

What gross weight are we speaking of? I added the first tables in a serie, which are max. and close to max. take-off weight. Maybe you were considerably lighter?

Normally we donā€™t reduce power during climb, keep 95% power and keep the speed at 89 / 96 kts, the resulting vertical speed will be higher than the table, that is a good thing. Those tables are not used during flight. They are more for pre-flight planning to check if you can safely climb over obstacles, can make the required minimum safe altitude, fuel consumption, distance and time to climb to cruise altitude etc. Nobody is gonna sit with those tables on their lap during flight.

1 Like