"Dancing" throttle X52 Pro in the TBM

The throttle has a mind of its own in the TBM, it moves to middle position and desired throttle position back and forth. Also it is set on reverse to actually work at all in the “Joy-Z” assignments.

Any ideas why it is moving all the time by it self?

Did you check it in Windows to see if the throttle is acutally spiking?

Hey mate, do you mean the windows control panel “testing”?

For me, i have x56 and have binded the prop rpm to one of the dials. If i try to adjust the prop rpm to anything that isn’t’ the neutral (dial in the middle!) then the throttle stick will jump erratically back and forth. I haven’t logged this an a bug (although probably should). I simply leave the prop rpm alone and it doesn’t seem to make much difference!

Are you talking about the TBM or aircraft in general?

I only ask because the TBM does not have prop control anyway, just throttle.

on the throttle on the lower ring near your thumb, move the dial a bit. that usually fixes it.

:beers:

Hello,
I moved your post to Peripherals.

Hi, I was referring to the binding on the x56 throttle. If this dial is not central, then when in the TBM it causes the throttle to jump about.

I see this in the TBM all the time too. The throttle lever displayed in the sim jumps around all the time. I’m using a Logitech G Flight Yoke system with throttle quadrant. I’ve been assuming it’s a bug in the sim that’ll be fixed someday. (As well as the bug where the yoke displayed in the TBM will often animate in the opposite direction, rotating left instead of right and vice-versa.)

I’ve had a similar problem with a Saitek/Logitech throttle quadrant. Regardless of where I’ve set the throttle, it jumps back and forth. The throttle and mixture do the same thing, and can be very erratic in behavior. I could try to advance the throttle or enrich the fuel, and it would be very unresponsive until a certain point then it was “all in” full blast! I never know from one flight to another how the sim is going to act…

No, it’s not a bug in the sim. You shouldn’t assume that every strangeness or incorrect behavior is caused by a bug in the sim.

1 Like

Great, so what is the source of the problem and what’s the fix or workaround? (Same question for the sometimes reversed yoke animation in the TBM.)

It appears to me to just be the sim’s display of the throttle position in the TBM since I don’t see or feel any throttle changes in any other way in the sim. And I don’t see this jumpy behavior in the sensitivity display in the Controls menu/panel.

For the throttle (in the sim cockpit) appearing to jiggle around? The problem is your hardware. Your throttle has a lot of noise in the position reporting. I noticed this a while ago with my X56 throttle when it was at zero. The airbus throttle would have a slight jiggle. The fix was for me to increase the stiffness of the throttle sticks (which I can do on an X56) and recalibrate. I don’t know if you have this option.

You should use some kind of joystick utility to try to recalibrate it. Also there is a free utility called DIView.exe that you can use to see the raw values coming out of your throttle and see how much noise there is. I used this to put in a permanent correction to the large error in the rudder twist that had developed.

But if it’s really bad, your only option may be to get a new throttle.

Why is it that that all the inputs (throttle included) are completely stable in the MSFS’s sensitivity display, where it shows the position in real time. There’s no movement or change in value.

I have no idea. What are the raw outputs of your hardware?

I’m just going by the sensitivity display: it reads a stable value across the entire axis. Plus I experience no jumpy throttle response in any aircraft. It’s just the display (and only display) of the physical throttle in the TBM. Everything flies fine.

I thought I explained this already. The Sensitivity display in the game is not the raw output values of your hardware. There are several layers in between your throttle and the game. I can’t help you without the necessary data. Good luck solving this problem. But there is no bug in the sim.

Oh geez, fine. I installed DiView: the throttle quadrant values don’t change. Completely stable, same as in the Sensitivity view of MSFS. For example, 28415 or 47591. Besides, like I said, that’s how the throttle behaves in MSFS: completely stable. But the display of the throttle in the TBM likes to jump wildly from 50% to 75% to 30% to 80%, etc. I was just chiming in with the other folks reporting this to say, yes, I see it too in the TBM. That is all. Cheers.

Sounds like you’ve got the reverser selected at the same time. Is that possible with your mappings?

The x52 PRO is 36 hours old, so you are saying it is broken?

DCS flawless throttle reaction, any other space sim brilliant.

In MSFS it is all over the place, OK dude it is definetly my ”broken” throttle…