Dangerous Landings - Lukla, Nepal - Winter Flight Landing Incident - ForeFlight/GTN750 Flight Plan

Timestamps Prelude 250K Views 0:00 Introduction 1:26 Flight Plan User Defined Waypoints 2:46 ForeFlight 3D Review 3:59 Departure 4:43 HDG to NAV Mode 6:17 Intercepting GPS Path 6:39 Time Lapse to 13,500’ 7:01 Top of Climb (TOC) 7:25 Beginning of Descent LUK1 Waypoint 8:17 Luk2 Waypoint 9:23 The Everest Experience Recap 10:22 Luk3 Waypoint Synthetic Vision 11:22 Disengaging the Autopilot 13:29 One Mile Final 14:50 Airport Camera Landing Incident 15:48 Taxi to Shutdown 16:25

2 Likes

Can you list your computer build? I want graphics like that some day.

Also - can you comment on the altimeter pressure at 29.92? That’s the default Sea Level, I would think it would be different for Lukla; But since you’re doing some visual landing it’s more of a curiosity thing than a critique. I’m not sure how much that would matter except for autopilot or an ILS landing or such?

Hi. Thanks for watching! CPU i9-10900 @ 3.7GHz, GPU RTX 2080ti.
Yes, I did not adjust my altimeter for the video. Keep at 29.92. In a real life you would be adjusting at your departure airport and getting the value before landing at Lukla.

Agreed, but I figured your workload making the approach would be more than enough that since you’re probably relying more on visibility than actual altitude the altimeter was the least of your concerns!

But wow those graphics, honestly. Amazing.

Absolutely! You would always be looking at your height above the terrain and the readouts serving as a backup! Thanks again!

Beautiful video - great skills!

I’m hesitant to ask, but here goes.

How did you set up your airport camera?

Hi! The flight was recorded with Sky Dolly. Used the showcase camera to position the view high above the airport and then re-record the landing. Thanks and please consider a subscription to the channel.

1 Like