Dark on Dark is hard to read

In community, General discussions, all the messages have a dark background with dark font which is had to read. I am not in dark mode in windows 10. Is there some I can do to change the message background so I don’t have to squint? I am poor at squinting.

Thanks

Hi @Guano458,
I’ve moved your post from the Developer Q&A as it’s more a forum feedback question.

The “dark theme” should have a white font - unless your browser is setup to override the default font color on websites:

You can change themes from your profile settings. Open your profile, then click on “Preferences” then “Interface”. There should be 3 theme types. The “Microsoft Flight Simulator” is the dark theme.

I hope one of them works for you!

Which profile the one in here , windows or browser. I’ve tried looking but cant find what you describe.

Your account on the forum.

This link will take you to your “interface” page: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/guano458/preferences/interface

To Note: This link only works for you.

It must be me, but I can’t find anything that has to do with fonts. I checked the browser ( Chrome), and windows, but I am still getting dark on dark in the messages area, Thanks for your help.

More info, it is only dark on dark in msfs mode.

I think there’s a setting in your browser that is overriding font styles.

Can you try MS Edge (should already be on your PC) as a test? - If using MS Windows. That way you’ll know it’s a setting in Chrome.

That’s what I did and the problem was sort related to Chrome. I discovered that there was something called “Dark Reader” as an Icon in the upper right. When I turned it off all was well with both MSFS and Skyvector. Set dark mode in windows and all is right with the world. Ain’t hitech grand?

It is! :slight_smile:

Happy you sorted it out!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.