Data Consumption - is this correct?

Hi

My Data consumption is gone to 200GiB, is this normal?

Does this impacts my performance, quality or sim in general?

Do I need to do anything on this? If so, what actions do you recommend I should take (if any).

I have unlimited data

1 Like

200 gigs thats all you used. I fly 40 hours a week and at the end of the month last month I was beyond 2 terabytes of data, I did reinstall a couple of times but still…

If you have unlimited internet, then nothing to worry about, unless of course that your ISP thinks thats to much data and throttles or shapes your account to accomidate what THEY think you should be using.

2 Likes

AS BubbaBlitz7348 mentioned, no need to worry, since you have stated you have unlimited data.
It doesn’t affect your sim’s performance in any way, shape or form.
It is just a measure of the amount of data the sim has used from the internet.
This sim operates by streaming a lot of it’s data from the internet.

2 Likes

That’s good to know.

Thank you so much guys!!!

1 Like

There’s usually an (*) on *unlimited data :wink: … at least in the US, EU has nutty consumer protection laws that make companies do strange things like openly tell the truth or be punished.

3 Likes

Yes, I haven’t used a lot of DATA as I have been dealing with a lot of CTDs issues. Also, I’m new to the sim and still learning.

Baby steps for now.

I wish I had a person who can help me ■■■■■ my system and my sim to see if everything is ok and where it should improve.

I bought a completely new PC 3 months ago

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
Intel Core i7-10700 CPU @2.90Hz
16GB RAM
Screen 2560 x 1440, 59Hz

Microsoft Store Premium Deluxe version

Yes mine yesterday was 1.25tb

What issues are you having and we can see if we can help?

Since you have 16GB ram, do you have a manual pagefile set, or are using Window’s Managed?

1 Like

I believe I’m using Windows Managed as I haven’t done any of these type of changes to my PC. I’m not an expert in computers and I’ve been learning little by little., especially since I started with MSFS 2020

By doing that, does the sim will stop the CTDs?

How to do set up a manual pageset on Windows 11?

I do appreciate the time you taking to help

@KevinSull

I’ve been experiencing multiple CTDs. It happened in the main menu, while setting a flight, during the first min of a flight, min the marketplace, content manager, well you named it.

I will try to be short.

After Feb 14 I did install new Nvidia drivers update (from 497 to 511) and a few days after a new Windows 11 update (screenshot). Immediately after that I got unlimited CTDs. Since I’m not a PC expert I ended up deleting all my mods, app, etc. I did uninstall the sim and reinstalled and was still getting CTDs nonstop. After posting the issue here I got recommendations to roll back the drivers and the Windows 11 updates. I did that and yeah it did improve a little but still occasionally I’m getting CTDs.

This is why I’m asking to see how I can check my system to make I have everything in order.

If you can help me that will be highly appreciated!!!

Actually, I just try to launch the sim just now and it just got a CTD and the sim didn’t even load completely.

It’s very frustrating!!!

This is in Windows 10, but it should be very similar.
It will certainly help, but it is hard to know what the underlying cause may be.
It has worked in several other cases.
If it doesn’t, it wont hurt anything, and can easily be turned back.

Here is a picture showing how to do it.

Let us know how you make out!

1 Like

@TheSevenflyer

Hi,

Did what you recommended and ran the sim for a while and no CTDs!!! Even did two short flights and everything went smoothly.

I just hope it stays like that. I’m not going to update to Nvidia 511 or last Windows 11 updates for some time. What do you think?

Thank you so much

1 Like

I would try the latest drivers anytime.
I keep mine up tp date with the latest.

If after a few flights all is still stable, do your Windows 11 updates.

Here is a vid to watch to help fine tune your settings as well.

I will definitely try updating the drivers then.

I will keep you updated with my progress.

Thank you so much!!! I want to continue loving this game.

:+1:t4::airplane::smiley:

1 Like

Hello guys!!!

Again, I’m getting CTDs this time even from the Main Menu.

:frowning_face: :worried:

The only thing I did was to install the latest Nvidia divers (511.79) and got CTDs immediately. Rolled back to (511.65) and the same thing. I have not installed any new Widows 11 updates.

Don’t know what else to do??!?!?!?!

Try going through this checklist.
Do all the steps, including installing updates.

Ensure all addons are removed from the Community folder, and any 3rd party plug-ins such as Navigraph etc., are uninstalled.
Remove any overclocks you have set up.
If you have used the Google map replacement, uninstall it using it’s uninstaller.
Ensure any third party antivirus programs (Avast, AVG, etc) are shut down.
Ensure you have an open path through the Window’s firewall.
Ensure all Windows updates are installed.
Make sure the time and zone in your PC settings are correct.
Sign out of the xbox app on your PC, and shut down Xbox app.
Sign out of MS Store App, and shut down same.
Shut down computer.
Unplug all controllers, except mouse and keyboard.
Restart computer.
Open and sign into and install any updates to MSStore.
Open and sign into Xbox app.
Reboot computer again.
Try sim.
Plug in controllers.

Oh super. I will do all these steps and let you know my progress. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hi. @TheSevenflyer

I did the checklist except the clocking as I have never done anything to that. Still the same issues of CTDs

I updated the sim yesterday.

Looks like a lot of people are having issues with the sim now.

So frustrating!!! I just want to fly

Let me see what else I can do as I have no idea