DC-3 POV Hat Switch Quickviews Not Defined Correctly

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

POV 8-way hat switch mapped to the standard QuickViews shows the wrong views. For sample, POV-Right actually shows QuickView Left 120 degrees.

Add’l information:

Editing the cameras.cfg file as follows fixed the problem for me on a PC but won’t help XBox users. In each of the following “CAMERADEFINITION.x” sections, edit the “SubCategoryItem” as follows:

.9 = QuickView4
.10 = QuickView6
.11 = QuickView5
.12 = QuickView3
.13 = QuickView7
.14 = QuickView8
.15 = QuickView2
.16 = QuickView1
With the above the POV hat switch shows the views as expected.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Double check your hat switch bindings then test the switch while sitting in the virtual cockpit.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

As a temporary workaround: Duckworks DC-3 Improvement Mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I dowloaded the duckworks mod but the problem still persists, the instructions to modify the config file are confusing for me any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I also noticed the yokes were not automatically hiding when the PilotPanel and CoPilotPanel were displayed. I was able to correct that by changing the lines which read:

NodesToHide =“XMLVAR_YokeHidden1 XMLVAR_YokeHidden2”

to:

NodesToHide =“SWITCH_left_yoke_hider SWITCH_right_yoke_hider”

in the “CAMERADEFINTION.x” sections which had it defined.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’m extremely disappointed to report the Quickviews mapped to an 8 way hat switch are NOT fixed properly with SU12 (1.31.22.0).

The only view which goes where intended when you press the appropriate position on the hat switch is left. The right hat switch position gives you right forward. The up position give you the right view. The down position gives you the left-forward view. And so on.

This is sad given the community provided the edits needed to fix the views after the 40th Anniversary release and could have easily been tested / confirmed during the SU12 beta for proper functioning.

As a PC user I can fix this again myself but as a former Xbox user this is a real shame for those still on the console.

Hi there

I have edited the camera file as you described and all is good EXCEPT for the Left three quarter view. Not sure if that is a good description: it is the one supposed to look behind the left wing essentially. Instead, this is the view I get:

Could you confirm the edits that you listed are correct and that you do get the left 3/4 view with those? I have checked and double checked and the changes I made match what you describe exactly.

Thanks for the great described edits: it makes life a lot easier!

Alwyn

Hi, Those edits were for pre-SU12. In SU12 they added a fix for the RH view but didn’t address the others. Rather then debug the SU12 version of the file, I just went back to my earlier cameras.cfg modified file.

However, it’s definition 11 that is causing the issue. The previously listed changes work, as you’ve noticed, except the Left-Rear view. To fix that after SU12, replace the entire CAMERADEFINTION.11 section with this as well as make the edits to the other section from the original post and it should be good:

[CAMERADEFINITION.11]
Title =“QuickView_L3”
Guid =“{57AD7168-055A-4503-B0A7-D12079368C7E}”
Description =“”
Origin =“Virtual Cockpit”
MomentumEffect =1
SnapPbhAdjust =“Swivel”
SnapPbhReturn =0
PanPbhAdjust =“Swivel”
PanPbhReturn =0
Track =“None”
ShowAxis =Always
AllowZoom =1
;InitialZoom =0.35
InitialZoom =0
SmoothZoomTime =2
ZoomPanScalar =1
ShowWeather =1
XyzAdjust =1
ShowLensFlare =0
Category =“Cockpit”
SubCategory =“QuickView”
SubCategoryItem =“QuickView5”
PitchPanRate =20
HeadingPanRate =60
InitialXyz = -0.40,0.308,5.75
InitialPbh = -159.958,155.483,-63.636
NodesToHide =“”
ClipMode =“Normal”
BoundingBoxRadius =0.1
UITitle=“TT:GAME.PANEL_CAMERA_QUICKVIEWS_L3”
TargetCategory=“None”
CycleHidden=0
CycleHideRadius=0
ShowPanel=0
InstancedBased=0
NoSortTitle=0
Transition=0
PanAcceleratorTime=5
XYZRate=0.25
XYZAcceleratorTime=0

1 Like

you can also try this mod. It solves the problem you described and changes several views for better visibility.

If you use it with the DC-3 Improvement Mod, make sure THIS mod is loaded last by adding two ‘zz’ to the front of the folder name

You are a genius, thanks very much for this! I sort of deduced that CAMERADEFINITION.11 was the problem and I got a sense of the general kind of values required, but I did not have a full understanding of specifically the InitialPhb values so I was a bit wary of experimenting. I THOUGHT the first number was degrees rotation left of forward (hence the - sign) but I was really not sure about the second and third numbers. The -63 number COULD have been from horisontal but that does not “feel” right

Thanks for a valuable enhancement to the enjoyment of the aircraft: it is these little things that really add up.

Alwyn

Verified fixed in v1.0.7 in 1.31.10.0