DC Designs Concorde for Marketplace

I am a little disappointed that the Concorde (eagerly awaited Supersonic Jet) is not on the Marketplace. Only from Just Flight’s store. I think they should release it to the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace because it is a trusted source and it should be more available and accessible for everyone. After all, it is released and I’m sure others may be disappointed too. I’m sure it is common sense to put it out there in the official store. It is a one stop shop in the sim, for the sim.

2 Likes

It can take upto 4 weeks for them (microsoft) to process the package for the marketplace.

2 Likes

Oh right. Thanks for that! That’s good news. I didn’t think of that

EDIT:

I did not realise it said it was coming to the In-Sim Marketplace at a later date. According to Fselite. Silly me. Should’ve read that first before posting

1 Like

It’s exclusive to justflight even on PC right now. So it’s more of an exclusivity thing than a marketplace thing.

Yeah. I should’ve read before posting

Exclusive yes and no… yes in fact, but not contractual.
They submit it to MS and Just Flight the same day… The “exclusivity” is just the lag for MS validation.
Even if it would not be very respectful of other developers, nothing prevents MS from moving and validating it as a priority for this week (yes, we can dream XD).

1 Like

MSFS Marketplace has a lot of process to go through, review, testing, encryption, and approval before they are published for purchase and download. The same process has to go through again for any version updates the content will have in the future. It can take between 4-16 weeks until it is published based on experience, and they go into a queue.

I had an airport that the developer has posted that it was complete and submitted to the marketplace for release in 28 October 2021. In the end, it was fully published in the marketplace in 7 January 2022. So that took 10 weeks from completion to actually being published.

If there’s any bugs that was discovered after release, the developer would do the bug fix, and go through the same process again until the fixed bugs are released 10 weeks later. And that airport is exclusive in MSFS Marketplace, so even we had to wait that whole time.

To be honest, this process is what turns me off from using the marketplace, especially when the exact same content is available in other stores. It takes too long of a process to release something that is readily available in other places, and bug fixes are delivered faster outside of the marketplace. Because by the time the Marketplace version is out, it might actually only contain the first release, while the version that was sold in other stores have been updated multiple times and we had to wait for another long process until the marketplace version is updated.

So if you are adamant in using the marketplace to use the same Concorde that everyone else is already getting and using, you’ll have to wait for a while, I’m afraid…

1 Like

I’m hoping the concorde will reach the marketplace this week. People say there’s a backlog and queue but the got friends edgely optica arrived on the marketplace about a week after it released on the Web site.

1 Like

Yes I could buy it now if I wanted but I prefer to wait for the marketplace for several reasons. It stops me from impulse buys. I can first watch yt vids on how are others finding it and most importantly because I have both pc and series X, its a case of buy once get twice. The only things Im really longing for is Flightbeams Airbus Toulouse Facility and DRZEWIECKI DESIGNs Boeings Renton… these I want NOW!!! I dont mind the longish process though because it also seems fair that the developer has a sort of exclusivity deal at the beginning because FS marketplace also gets a part of the revenue when its finally available IN-SIM

1 Like

I like buying in the marketplace because the installation is so simple

1 Like