DC Designs F-14A/B Tomcat Announcement & Discussion

Hello Dean. Great work. I’m really enjoying the planes. I’ve, however, noticed that they tend to steer left if ILS is used to land them once they’re on the ground. It’s not too big of a deal with my setup, but it’s definitely noticeable. The landing light switch is also obstructed on the right side of the cockpit, but I’m sure you know that.

Thanks again for putting these out. Can’t wait to fly more this evening!

1 Like

Thats great to hear buddy…Looking forward to this fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I may have found a interesting bug, but running tests to verify. It seems having the F14 folder in the community folder causes the Jet ways for planes like the 787 and 747 to not connect at all. I don’t know what causes it but with the F14 installed, it affects those planes Jetways some how.
It’s confusing as I wish I knew why a plane that has nothing to do with Jetways affects some planes jetways but not all of them.
Planes still function, it’s just weird how it affects the jetways.

Disappearing jetways has been a well known issue since SU5 even before the F-14 was released. Maybe just a coincidence for you?

1 Like

Top notch shots there, well done!

It is curious that you commented on this. You’ll see: the html5 panels share common JavaScript files used for all avionics. those files are usually in the official directory, never on community. And then, there are the custom ones, the ones that each airline, Garmin, etc. use separately. I have renamed those files the f-14 uses, so that no other aircraft can read them or conflict with them. I would tell you and I dare to tell you that it cannot be the F14 that could be causing this problem. it may be some mod or aircraft that is in the community folder, which has added modified common files but not renamed them from the base files. and the stock planes could be perfectly reading them because of name matching

Hmm I’ll look into it more tonight. I agree it can’t be the F14 from what you said. I just found it strange that the first thing I tested was removing new stuff from my community and it worked. If I have any other problems with the other planes, I’ll report it to general bugs then and not here.

Bought it today. What a fantastic plane. Looks gorgeous and flies great aswell. Now off to read some manuals !

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for making this plane and selling at a good price.

5 Likes

Hi Dean, hi Jack, and all contributors to this wonderful plane,
I closely followed the evolution of the F-15 and have to recognize that the outcome of your outstanding effort is not only one but two splendid 1970’s fighters.
Many thanks for that.

3 Likes

Longtime VR user, loving the feeling IN the jet, performance is very good, but I too have the problem with the mouse. Using VP2 with a 3080, I have to look at the switch in a certain angle, and point the mouse at it at the correct angle, without moving my head a tiny bit (otherwise the mouse follows the headmovement, and I have to start again pointing at the switch)
Luckily, most of the switches are mapped to some buttons, but not all (the one to help with landing is my biggest concern, and the ones under the sidepanels - AND the GPU)

Would be cool to know if they are mappable to buttons, or if an improvement of the “target area” for the switches is planned.

Anyway, it does not take away the immense fun had in this legendary aircraft, the sense of speed flying low and fast, is epic. (fastest aircraft I’ve used was the 339)
Looking forward to many more hours in the Tomcat!

1 Like

Where can I buy the f15 tomcat? Is it in the marketplace in the sim?

I have no idea where you would buy an F-15 Tomcat :slight_smile:

You can buy the F-14 Tomcat and the F-15 Eagles though at Just Flight or in the sim marketplace ( waiting for the F-14s to clear at the moment ). Both are also coming to X-Box S/X

3 Likes

Well thank you kind sir, I’m at work and as a result my brain might be a little frayed. F14s inbound. Next few days or sooner? I know I’m pushing it here :wink:

1 Like

Dean has said in a post above he,s working on a fix for this…Hope it comes soon :slight_smile:

No better feeling than this in VR :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My video editing skills need a brush up but man is this plane fantastic

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@Dean1973 could hit me up i have some questions regarding livery paint work flow…

I have done several F15 liveries… Neex some help with F14

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot on Flightsim.to

Loving the F-14! I’m learning how the autopilot function works and having a hard time setting a heading with the heading bug.

When I try to spin the Heading bug/dial on the MFD behind the yoke, it seems to fight me and always wants to snap back to where it’s currently set (my current heading). If I turn off AP, I can change the heading. When I put AP back on it snaps back to my current heading. I could be doing this all wrong since I’m new to it but any tips would be helpful. Thanks.

3 Likes