DC Designs - F-15 Strike Eagle (C, D, E & I)

will we get back the guard and the mobile apu?

The guard was removed as he has a gun ( Microsoft rules ) and the F-15 has an internal APU ( JFS Starter system ) and so does not need an external APU.

@CurleeToes I did already try that but it didn’t work for some reason, needs investigating.

2 Likes

take the gun off and make him more of an AF ground guy. There are no gizmos around the planes anymore? It just livened up the pad area more. Anyway, thanks for the info. I’ll live.

I was wondering if at any point you’d consider adding the infamous VMAX switch? There may well be “circumstances” where this may come in handy.
Also the active emergency jettison would be a nice function, you never know when you might need to loose weight fast.

Note: this is not dropping “ordinance” its a genuine emergency protocol :+1:

Just yesterday I learned how to code the refueling switch in air for the modern fuel system of Asobo, that is: to supply small amounts of fuel through the refueling valves that gradually fill each of the tanks as the fuel travels through the lines. Coding a jettison to simulate dropping a tank or weaponry would be no problem. As for the vmax, it should be seen, because that would be 100% unlocking an engine that performs at 98%. i should see it

2 Likes

Real Eagle drivers were out right banned from using the Vmax switch as once used it would mean a complete engine rebuild but WE are not banned :grin::metal:

1 Like

The new heritage paint scheme looking darn good :+1:

7 Likes

was lucky enough to it in person at RIAT last month, it looks great!

Im guessing that will be a PC only paint scheme as i notice you have ordinance

Unfortunately yes…

Thats a shame i saw it on some of the RIAT vids looked gorgeous

Pity we never (as yet) able to paint and design our own liveries in sim, like the racing games. Suppose there is money to be made

1 Like

F-15 = FAST
Beats everything, even with a headstart.

2 Likes

This went well with SWEST Asteroid Field… superior flying.

1 Like

@DEAN01973 Need this livery for Xbox please

The number of liveries is somewhat determined by package size, and the F-15s are four aircraft all with multiple liveries. I don’t think I can squeeze more in sadly. However, livery packs will be a thing for me in the future so that console users can access more of them.

8 Likes

Can someone please conduct the same test to see if you get the same results?

Heathrow airport runway 27R
30% fuel
clear skies
flaps down
no parking break
do not touch the stick-let the aircraft climb on it’s own

I am getting approximately 52 seconds to reach mach 1.

What are your results?

1 Like

For weeks I have been voicing what I feel is a rather significant problem.

I have yet to be taken serious, despite multiple post with screenshots and videos explaining exactly what I am experiencing.

Here, I have completely removed the F-15. I load the sim up. I go to content manager and check for updates. As expected, the F-15 was on there as an aircraft that can be updated/installed which was my intention.

On video, I download the F-15 via marketplace. I patiently wait for the download to complete. I select the F-15, and I set a departure waypoint.

As I have been stating for weeks now, the HUD is not reading accurately, as well as the performance is significantly slower.

Why is this issue not being looked into when there is video evidence showing a clear inaccurcy with the aircraft(s)?

Can you put your next money making aircraft to the side and focus on fixing the ones released to the public please? I know financially that’s not where developers want to put their efforts in, but when consumers are voicing a problem, showing you with multiple examples the problem exist, claiming that the consumer is more than likely simply taking off incorrectly, I admit is laughable, but absolute horrible customer service.

I think as much as the head developer thinks I simply am taking off incorrectly, chances are there are probably a lot more people who don’t know what changes they should have therefor are in the dark because they don’t know any better.

Updated afterburners=Check(been working consistently since the first downloaded update of the most recent update.)

Updated dirt animation when flying low=Check(been working consistently since initial update of the most recent update)

Updated Hud=consistently inconsistent. It will display the updated readings one day, and on the same game load, it will change. I’ve seen it change back to the updated on on the same game load. When it’s not working, even if I restart the sim, restart my pc and then restart the sim, or even if I do a fresh install, the Hud goes back to the old reading.

Performance=inconsistent. I have provided multiple videos showing three aircraft with the same pilot, same aircraft, same weather, same fuel, same take off, and three aircraft are all under performing compared to how they were when the updated models are working as intended as recent as the day prior.

Video evidence-

A reminder that the #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft forum is for discussing 3rd party aircraft, not for requesting/giving support on the products. Troubleshooting, testing and support should be directed to the official support channels offered by the developer.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/about-the-aircraft-category/331366

1 Like

Are the communtity members allowed to give assistance?