DC Designs F-15

What I would explain, that’s only my thought, is that afterburners runs like on/off (all or nothing).

Maybe that’s realistic but for reach a speed, it’s very hard…

Hi Mattalaraka974,
I tried to fly it. No I understand your problem. At FL390 the max reachable speed at military power is about 250 kts IAS which corresponds to about Mach 0.8.

Pic1

If you want to accelerate to 260 kts, you have to move the throttle into the AB area. Since the AB is not adjustable you will overshoot 260 kts. So you’re not able to maintain it.

bild2

Hi CodenameJack447, according to the DCS F-15 envelope (see below) max speed at FL390 at military power should be slightly more than Mach 1. I believe its not easy to adjust each point somewhere in the middle of the envelope. Up to now I concentrated on the edges of the envelope.

I will no fly the entire envelope:
Gross Weight : 38000 pounds
Altitude steps of 5000ft
Stall and max speed at military power and Full AB.

That will take some time … and virtual fuel

“That will take some time … and virtual fuel” lol

Thanks for your reply @jdiegel54

@Mattalaraka974 @jdiegel54 This can be adjusted to be closer to Mach 1 at 85-89% throttle
We are working on a new engine and flight model for the F-15E/I right now, then will review the C/D models. We are attempting a new way of modeling the engines and flight model(drag,turn rates, etc), which we think is yielding more accurate results.

Regards to the afterburner.
The afterburner range is from 90% to 100% throttle lever percent. The initial afterburners have a jump from MIL thrust to AB thrust just at 90% , then they linearly increase to max value set for engine thrust at that alt for 100% throttle.

On a HOTAS this works great for me, but if using a controller, this might be a more difficult jet to fly, as you would have less throttle range.

We also have an upcoming update from Asobo with potential supersonic flight modeling, so we might be able to be even more accurate after the update. Just depends on how much info they provide to us in the SDK.

2 Likes

Also to clarify, the RPM number shown on your engine mfd is not throttle percent. The value shows the percent of max rated rpm being used. When referring to throttle %(percent), I am referring to your physical throttle lever axis, not any displayed value on the hud or screen.

This may be something that we should consider displaying on one of the screens. “Throttle %” or something to that effect. You can see throttle % if use the external camera ui instruments, but there is nothing within the jet that displays throttle lever percent. So I can see the confusion.

1 Like

Really, I read that value on the external view and when I gone to the cockpit, I saw the same number whish it is called RPM. This is for this reason I said RPM. But that’s good to know

Yeah it could be that they matched up at that speed and alt, but they are two completely different values variables. Idle throttle (0% throttle) on the runway should show RPM 65-66 I believe.

Of course, the engine runs even if throttle was to idle… thanks for this information

1 Like

been flying this bird since initial release, and I just figured out that if you put Anti-aliasing to DLAA in the graphics setting the HUD has almost zero tearing. It actually seems to be working quite well that way. anybody else confirm this?

@joepro900 Yes you are correct, I have flown on DLAA since launch with the f-15 specifically to limit/remove this problem.
HUD does not tear for me on DLAA

Once Asobo releases more info about html/javascript HUDs in the SDK, there is a chance a HUD could be made to work on TAA, but unsure until they release more documentation.

1 Like

@jdieguel54 For C/D model in 1.15 we will base our envelope in this one:

E/I will be based in this one:

Probably Asobo did something more in the update apart to fix flaps vs lift :stuck_out_tongue:

So no worries, we will have it accurated within possibilities, and i’m happy to announce we have it almost ready :wink:

2 Likes

I just tuned my F15C a little bit :smiley:. But unfortunately its locked at Mach 4.6 is there a way to get this even faster? Want to try it out just for fun. :slight_smile:

good to know, Wish I would have noticed that sooner, it helps so much!

1 Like

Hello all:)
I wanted to know if the new update changes something for the F15 ? like smoke for exemple?
I ask because i tried it a short time and i saw no smoke. After, in the cokpit it’s not really important :wink:

Thank’s

1 Like

Hi! Where do I find the aircraft manual, so I can read upfront what I would get into if I decided to buy the F-15. Thanks!

I think that you mean contrails - they’re a new effect and probably need something added to the model in order for them to work. I will be keeping an eye on that to add them to the Eagles later.

1 Like

The manual comes with the F-15 itself, I don’t think Just Flight have given the option to read it in advance this time. I did try to upload it here but the site won’t allow it, sorry.

Thank you for trying!

Has the F-15 been updated 1.01.exe or did I miss something. If it has will jacks mod 1.15a still work?

And is there a change log, what does 1.01 do:)

Thanks

The v1.0.1 is the official last version available which is what everyone has now and was published like 15 days ago

The rev_1.15 as you say is a version i have not published yet, since is still being tested by some users of my choice.

1 Like