DC Designs lays out plans for 2023! (Udpated)

Hadn’t seen any posts about it, so I figured I’d do the honors.

Via, their Facebook, DC designs reveals their roadmap for 2023.

Screenshots of their post are as follows in case anyone doesn’t use Facebook.

UPDATE
Coming as freeware:

8 Likes

Exciting lineup for next year!

I hope for sake of everyone’s sanity that updates don’t break things like they always seem to. It must be frustrating for devs to be in the position of having to come up with, and then deploy, fixes all the time.

3 Likes

Nice. Thanks for the update.

Looking forward to the A-10 and the P-61!

I am most excited about the Galaxy and the Globemaster!!!

6 Likes

Fantastic, DC Designs builds some of the best aircraft for the sim, their F-14 is still my favorite jet in the sim and the new Harrier is amazing, cant wait for the C-17, that is one of the most amazing aircraft out there

Thanks for the info for us not using facebook :+1:
Really looking forward the A10, C5 and C17

3 Likes

■■■■…that Flanker is a DAY ONE purchase for me. :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the F-4 getting finishing touches as it nears completion!

1 Like

Very cool lineup! Definitely interested in the P-61

1 Like

I would pre-order the Phantom today if I could get Dean and Jack to take my money. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Had someone telling me off because DC Designs “is bad”, but I’ve grown out of the fighter jet phase, so I’ve not flown any of their products, but what’s wrong with getting excited about Military Transports? Plus, I always hear good things about DCD.

I’ve been clamoring for a good C-5 and C-17 that isn’t an FSX rip or Captain Sim.

Day One buys for me!

Wait till y’all see what he just announced in the #community-chat section on his Discord. :slight_smile:

A legacy favorite coming as freeware in 2023!

I did. :grin: Check the updated OP. Unfortunately, it’s a freeware conversion from FSX.

Ah, cool. Nobody goes back and re-reads original posts once they’ve started a topic, typically, so I missed the update!

I don’t think that’s unfortunate at all. Frankly, there’s not a viable market for a commercial F/A-18C for MSFS with the free F/A-18E, so I’m super-happy to see this. If you check the screenshots, it looks pretty awesome in MSFS, and I’m sure the Flightsim.to crowd will hop right on tweaking the flight model to handle more like the classic Hornet. And it’s a full rebuilt and enhanced native conversion, not a portover like those nightmare auto-ported FSX planes we got before SU5 mercifully broke them.

When you factor in reality vs desire, it’s a pretty awesome move on Dean’s part. Considering that devs want to sell enough to justify having an add-on business, a free good-quality legacy Hornet that can be easily modded and enhanced is likely a best-case scenario for MSFS.

(And if a legacy portover isn’t authentic enough, the gun-totin’ alternative sim that will not be named is the place to be anyway. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I´m very pleased to see the future releases. Currently I own all their products and I enjoy them a lot. I just hope they could add a user interface for the layouts selection. Having to go on the old style mass addition to game payload is a bit outdated.

And please if someone can create a working weapons addon that would be great. I think TacPack is never going to be released for MSFS. I want to be able to drop some bombs at least, even in a basic way.

Cheers

Highly disagree. I genuinely think Microsoft Flight Simulator as it currently stands is an excellent Simulator, I’d even go as far as call it a “learning tool”.

However, there is definitely room for Asobo and Microsoft to add an “Acceleration Pack” as a separate client to MSFS, but using the same assets.

2 Likes

We need the legacy Hornet for Xbox and the official marketplace too…as well as canadian and swiss markings since they are not realistic for Echoes.
You could charge 9.99.-

Lots and lots more classic planes for 2023, but the same formula of subpar textures, lack of system depth . Great planes take time and these are cookie cutter subpar creations. I wish these planes would be done by another great developer to a much higher level of fidelity in graphics and systems. I’m looking forward to the Just Flight Torando, Milviz Huey because I know these will be at a high fidelity level. These planes are classic and I’m sure many people will flock to them as they are their favorite, even if it is a low-quality version. I realise that is the model that the developer uses and there is clearly a market for notable aircraft in low quality. Thankfully there are many high-fidelity developers out there. It just takes them a lot more time to make their planes, but its worth the wait in the end and far more satisfying.

1 Like

Honestly I am not impressed with any of their products.While their products are geared to be waterdown the f-15 I purchased was a huge dissapointment. The exteior and intenral modelling is not there. It is not even on the same level with Indidiafoxtecho and the default F-18!

I am not looking for high fideility Military aircraft which you will get with DCS. While the above screenshots are WIP I am not expecting them to be miles better on release day. Even the freeware C-17 has a more accurate external model. No hate on DC but a big NO in my book!

Indiafoxtecho/IRIS simulations/ Milviz/ Just-Flight handsdown makes better Military aircraft.

1 Like