Dearth of genuinely appealing content in Xbox marketplace

Sadly I can confirm, still no fix.

So every other sim market gets to have the Kodiak 100 today but us poor saps on Marketplace for Xbox have to wait almost 2 more months or longer. What exactly is the reason for this? I’m genuinely curious.

4 Likes

And not only with X-Box…
The Marketplace for PC is also miserable…
Small pictures, hidden and distorted content,
don’t get me started…

1 Like

I’m waiting nearly half a year by now for the Seneca V for the Xbox and they announced it to be released in the coming days several months ago. Not a single word or update since. I guess it could be the same with the Kodiak. I would really enjoy both these aircrafts, but you eventually get tired to wait for the next marketplace update every week. Communication is just bad and even worse (at least for me) are wrong announcements without a single update on the delay.

4 Likes

Hi, how do you get the points to buy stuff on the store on Xbox? i have no
idea on how to do it

The issue is that a 3rd party dev has to submit their add-on to Microsoft Certification for approval prior to it being released to the public. Without knowing the specifics, I can say a part of that process involves testing the add-on (based on the sheer volume of issues with add-ons for MSFS Xbox, to what extent they are testing I have to wonder, but I digress).

Now, given this same Xbox Cert. team are responsible for testing every single thing that gets submitted for Xbox, there is a significant queue to get through the process. I’d wager, too, that some products, such as patches for high profile AAA games get priority.

This is the reason for the significant delays.

On an alternate thread re:MSFS & Xbox, we’ve been discussing the issues with he Xbox OS affecting 3rd party aircraft. This is why the PMDG DC-6 was pulled from the Marketplace. It’s highly likely this Os conflict has put many aircraft on hold for us.

You don’t need points. You just initiate a purchase and said points are immediately purchased with real money and immediately used to make the purchase.

2 Likes

no I dont think so. I have both PC and Xbox versions. both from xbox live. Sometimes it takes a while to see stuff I own appear on Xbox FS in game marketplace. ( as owned and downloadable )Some developers like LVFR are pretty fast in this… others like Orbx are slow . but the great thing is buy once get twice which is why I avoid marketplaces outside of the sim unless it is for utilities that I dont ever see coming to xbox.

The same way you would buy a game or anything else. Either a credit card or a Xbox gift card.
You set the payment for cc under your profile. The Xbox gift card you redeem in the MS store and it gives you credits.

Any decent planes on the horizon for us to look forward to?

Fokker F.VII in 3 week :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I heard the Fokker FVIII and AN-2 will drop eventually. The devs for the Freedom Fox said they’re still finalizing stuff so I think that’ll be within 4-6 weeks. No idea on the Kodiak, but I’m in the minority that just want mods for the C208.

I get a chuckle out of the ratio of fighter jets to other aircraft on xbox. We wanted Cognac, but instead were given Mountain Dew.(f-14 is fun though)

1 Like

In their last roadmap they move Antonov:
Fokker → 31/1 (with World Update 7 Australia)
Antonov → 22/2 (with Sim Update 8)

2 Likes

The Simworks Quest Kodiak is what I am looking forward to.

1 Like

Thanks… I edited my post. I guess I misinterpreted what the community manager had said. I should go check out the roadmap.

Wasn’t the Antonov supposed to be released with SU7?

I’m just going out on a limb here but, what if the release of the Antonov was moved to coincide with SU8 because the necessary fixes for the issues preventing the release of certain aircraft on Xbox are expected to arrive with SU8?

Yep…a decent Dash 8 Q400 would be nice!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.