Decompressing files manually and.. surprise!

So, I tried to decompress manually package files with WinRar into their folders.
That’s the result.

This is the list of the damaged files in JUST 1 PACKAGE.
Shall I slow down the download speed? you guys think this would prevent all those corrupted files?

1 Like

Maybe it’s just that WinRar can’t decompress it because it has DRM os something

What happens if you just download them as intended and play?
I seriously doubt those are actual errors. The protocol used to transfer the data (probably TCP) handles error detection and correction, and errors cropping through are very rare.

1 Like

I noticed that, as soon as it stops to decopress properly, and I try manually, I have those files “corrupted”.
I slowed down to 5mbps and still I have the problem, so NetLimiter is not a solution… I don’t know what to do more. I got stucked at the very beginning of the installation for days, then suddently it worked out for 20/30 Gb and now it’s not able again to decompress big files.
I also tried to delete the packages and restart the installer.
The point I see is that on very big folders, it downloads 10/15 packages, and then it starts to decompress.
If the folder were small like 2/3 packages, and there’s an error, it’s easy to delete and restart. The chances to download 3 packages in a good shape is high, if you try a couple of times.
But, out of 15, there is always at least 1 with a problem, and I can’t finish to install the folder as it get stucked into decompressing every bloody time…
Sorry guys, I hope I’ve been clear explaining, that’s not my motherlanguage…

I would be the happier person on Earth if I could do so. But, unfortunately, it doesn’t work… I’m impressed you are saying TCP handles error detection and correction. I mean, I know zero about this… But here, apart of corrupted data, I don’t know what to imagine more to explain this behaviour…
Pc is all up to date, I followed every troubleshooting possible… It did not work, than worked for 20 gb, now not again anymore… I’m considering to visit a wizard, or a witch… Some paranormal kind of help!!

I’ve had looping on both SU4 and SU5 now, and discovered this technique independently before finding this link. It does work. Not sure if it will work for you, but after 2x of looping on the Caravan, I paused both times, Red-X’d cleanly out of the installer and restarted the sim. First reconnect returned connection errors (mind you I was two hours out of the SU5 release, effectively “rush hour”), and then the second attempt successfully pulled down the looping files. It actually acknowledged I had pulled down about 50 percent already of the 36GB update (I don’t install everything, hence mine is typically smaller than the reported average size), then showed me accurate size remaining. It finished - slowly, but it did finish.

Install Looping Helped By Pausing, then Resuming, The Install Process

You can try:

Open a CMD window or Powershell in Administrator mode and type: chkdsk c: /f

This will check and repair any OS level file issues on c:.

Then go to Settings, Apps, look for MS Flight Simulator, select it, press Advanced and click Repair.

Hope this helps.

Then when it finishes checking and fixing, come back to Windows, open PowerShell as Admin and type:

sfc /scannow

Wait until it finishes, then restart.
Good luck.

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:resolved-bugs as Topic Owner has selected a solution.