Default CJ4 Citation Excess Bank Angle

When the autopilot is engaged the bank angle in both Heading mode and NAV mode will roll up to 40 degs from level flight. The Guide states that the bank limit with autopilot should be 30 degs.
With the 1/2 Bank limit engaged it will roll to 25 +/- degs. The white arc shows 15 degs left and right on the roll indicator, which agrees with what should be happening according to the Citation Guide.

It may be connected, but acquisition of a localiser from an intercept angle of 30 degrees results in an initial over controlling (bank in excess of 30 degs left or right) and the aircraft lateral path that results is a reducing ‘slalom’ to an eventual ‘on course’ tracking.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

I wasn’t able to check the ILS issue yet, but I haven’t been able to replicate the bank angle in HDG or NAV mode.
Max turn angle was 30 degrees, and 1/2 bank was limited to the max white arc (15 degrees).
Assuming you don’t have any mods running, Not sure what could be causing the issues you’re seeing. I’ll try to test an ILS and see what happens.
Regards

Appreciate it :smiley:

For the record I have no mods running - the version I have is the latest default.

1 Like

I don’t specifically remember this issue in/before SU 14, but to clarify, I am currently in the latest SU 15 beta version (1.37.5.0). So maybe there’s something in it that’s affecting the CJ4.
Per one of the beta release notes:

Garmin G3000 / G5000

• Fixed an issue where the LNAV could compute incorrect guidance in certain situations with Low bank mode active.

So hopefully this will fix the issue you’re seeing.
Regards

JUst checked - my version is 1.36.2!

I shall upgrade to the version you have and see what difference it makes.

Also, my version came bundled with FSUIPC7. So I can assign controls either from within MSFS2020 or via FSUIPC7. Can I ask - which method are you using?

1 Like

Keep in mind that the version you want to upgrade to is a beta, and there may be other issues to deal with. Right now there’s an issue with the loss of differential braking (at least with some aircraft). On the other hand, you can always exit the beta if you find you’re having issues you don’t want to deal with and wait for the release later this month.

I assign my controls from within MSFS. There are advantages/disadvantages to both, but I find for almost everything I want, it’s just easier to use the in-sim method. Also, that allows me to make changes to keys/buttons while I’m still in-flight.
Regards

Didn’t need toupgrade - after a couple of flights the max bank angle has settled down to that advertised.

Thanks anyway :smiley:

1 Like