Delete London Scenery pack before MSFS updates the new London scenery

Should I delete the third party London scenery I bought from ORBX before FS World Update 3 ( UK update) is released or should I leave it?

Here is a link to the ORBX forum that discusses it.
Look around in there if you have further questions, they will have the answer.

I have to join Orbx forums to be able to see the response, so won’t be doing that.

1 Like

Yes I’d delete it, and any other scenery that may be covered by the new update.

I’m not gonna go out and say I’m 100% sure, but the editor videos I’ve seen feature an exclusion zone polygon around scenery objects that are replaced, so if everything works they way they are supposed to, it should work. I got the freeware Tower of London and Buckingham palace manually installed myself (default looks horrible), we’ll know for 100% certainty in a few days.

The stuff they put in may be better than the 3D google maps freeware stuff, but i don’t certain about the OrbX stuff.

I agree, the photogrammetry stuff is a bit of a let down. The current London with ORBX added looks great!

2 Likes

There are photogrammetry cities in the US which have scenery packs, such as Seattle and Chicago. Seems like the general consensus is that photogrammetry + scenery pack is the best option, so should be fine.

Though Orbx will probably need to update the pack to make it look good with the photogrammetry.

I am curious about this as well. ORBX is a close partner of Asobo/Microsoft and Asobo has used ORBX for content they have included in the sim updates.

Looking at some of the previews of the UK update it sure looks like they are using some ORBX London assets??? The ferris wheel caught my eye as looking the same as the ORBX one?

Begs the question if the Landmarks London City Pack become obsolete will they give us some credit towards other ORBX products? Will they significantly update the London pack to only add things not in the UK update and still future improve on it?

Guess I should go join the ORBX forums given I have plenty of their products.

1 Like

Ha! I just came back to this thread to post what PinkPanteees already has. Kudos.