Denarq Twin Beech - Beech 18 improvements mod. New Update 1.5 is out

as long there is a way to use the tailwheel as before,all good…
if not,mod are useless for me,and i think a lot other,were a shame,because it is very nice as is now :+1:

3 Likes

Agreed, whatever is done, it should be offered as an alternate version until the day true free-castering wheels are implemented in the sim and the option to toggle them on and off is provided in assistance options. It’s the fair thing to do.

2 Likes

Already corrected. Out with next update. Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

ANTI_ICE_GRADUAL_SET_ENG1 (AND 2)
Range from 0 to 16383

I don’t have axis & oh’s but remember that THROTTLE1_SET (LVAR) range from 0 to 1. I suspect that in axis & oh’s you are setting them to a wider range. That why it can only read iddle.
Again, I don’t have axis & oh’s so this is just a guessing.

Just press the button marked “booze”!

1 Like

Rebooting my computer fixed it. No idea what the problem was. Thx for the reply.

2 Likes

I’m still learnig what free-castering wheels really do in msfs but if a true free-castering wheels would come, in my mod it will be as an option for sure.

1 Like

It would be a great option. You really need toe brakes and two throttles to use (so no good for some hardware setups), but if you have the correct hardware it is a must (as this is one of the biggest challenges flying a tail dragger).

What ever Duckworks have done with the DC3 seems to work (but it was mentioned earlier that this might have been to do with the size of the aircraft).

They have a separate tail wheel folder (separate to the actual mod). This seems a good way to offer it as an option.

It used to work fine in FSX/P3D (which I think the MSFS code is based on) so I don’t know what they have changed

1 Like

FlyingIron has done a really good job on the free castering wheels on the Spitfire and the Hellcat

I think I’ve got a solution for us. Make a backup of
Denarq-enhancement-Beech-D18S\SimObjects\Airplanes\MSCarenado_D18S\systems.cfg

Then copy these two lines to the bottom of your [LIGHTS] section
lightdef.67 = Type:4#Index:1#LocalPosition:4.730000,-1.060000,2.250000#LocalRotation:0.000000,40.000000,0.000000#EffectFile:LIGHT_CARENADO_Gauge#PotentiometerIndex:5

lightdef.68 = Type:4#Index:1#LocalPosition:4.730000,-1.320000,2.250000#LocalRotation:0.000000,-40.000000,0.000000#EffectFile:LIGHT_CARENADO_Gauge#PotentiometerIndex:5

3 Likes

How about axis and oh’s?

He doesn’t have axis and ohs. He said earlier he could only guess.

Wow @AlexBap8588 you actually made me reinstall the Beech 18 and finally enjoy flying it!
My main issue was the undefined extreme pitch coming out of nowhere. Now I flew more than 30mins w/o autopilot and it stayed level as I would expect from the plane.
Thanks!

Ony question: shortly before landing approach I notied a manifold pressure drop in the left engine (although I had both engines configured identical). Temps were “in green”. Any idea what could cause this? Nearly didn’t make it to the runway :smile:

One wish: pls reduce the throttle adustment steppings if possible (I play with XBOX controller and each tap on the throttle button now moves the levers quite much)

Same here, i just flew from Flagstaff to Kingman and no fluctuating pitch, just a little learning curve (never a bad thing) and upon flare it just clicked all the buttons… Taxi’d back to the apron and the engines cut out as i didn’t keep the revs in, funny as hell… Definately Job well done sir @AlexBap8588

Thanks you for giving us a working aircraft!

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

Steiny

Guys, thanks alot for your apreciation!

I’m almost certain it was ice in the carburetor. See first post notes on “Carburator temperatures:”.
Those white notes were taken from real plane manual.
With my mod you have to take care or your aircraft. :grinning:

3 Likes

Just completed my first flight. Wow @AlexBap8588 you have really taken this aircraft to a new level!

I am amazed at what you have done here. You have given us a classic twin that requires real engine management throughout the flight. I felt like that flight was a bit of a mental workout with having to keep on top of all the temps and pressures throughout the flight. The flight model feels outstanding with excellent stability that turns into a real handful as you get slow. Just awesome. It is really amazing how much work you have put into this and how good you have made this aircraft now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply.
Never used those MH levers before. Just finished a 110 Nm excellent flight, and with using the MH levers to increase the carburettor temperature, everything worked perfectly :grinning:
Carenado should pay you for fixing their product :wink:

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! On that note, I missed the details of the changes over at flightsim.to but I noticed that there is no longer a donation link available for the mod creators. Did they remove the links or did I just miss it? I prefer to reward the folks that offer such outstanding products for us to enjoy.

1 Like

Its inside user profile.

1 Like