There are a lot of reports and tips about increasing performance through various settings. The results are usually mixed and one of the most common responses is: what are your exact specs?
How about a checkbox in FS2020 in the settings saying: publish my specs in flightsimulator forum profile?
When checked, below every post on the forum is a link ‘my system specs’. Whoever clicks it can see the computer specs and all the FS settings you use. That will make tinkering with all the various settings based on other user experiences a lot easier. Both for VR and pancake lovers.
The next time someone reports better performance by changing some Windows or FS2020 settings you can easily verify what other settings this user has. Also, when reporting any performance issues, other people can help identify possible issues, like you need more RAM, or your Windows version is old, set OXR to use beta version etc.
This is a list as a rough idea, suggestions are welcome of course! Don’t forget to vote!
- Processor type and speed
- Memory amount and speed
- Video card model
- Video card driver version
- MSFS version (store/steam and version number)
- HMD model
- OpenXR / Oculus / … version and settings
- Monitor resolution
- Windows version
- HD type and size where FS2020 is installed on
- HAGS and gaming mode setting
- Main board chipset type
- Main board BIOS version
- Nvidia / AMD control panel settings
- All FS2020 graphic settings
- All FS2020 other settings (online yes/no, rolling cache, photogrammetry etc)