Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

hello,
actually is switched on after a fixed throttle angle.
/SSW

2 Likes

As I’m going deeper into the study of the TF-104 G flight model I came back after so long to reread the SURE project that every zipper pilot, like me, certainly knows.
I thought I’d do something nice by sharing it with you, enjoy reading

6 Likes

buying the spurs too

yep,
like this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great doc indeed!
Thanks for sharing.

some TF-104 progress, front and rear cockpit almost finished, still a lot to do, but let’s do it soon

12 Likes

Gorgeous! This is hands down my number 1 most anticipated addon.

2 Likes

Same! Though the DHC-2 beaver is pretty close on my list, obviously for very different reasons!

This one might be nice to try…
Touch-roll-touch in a F-104 - YouTube

2 Likes

That’s crazy for any jet and ludicrous for an F-104! I thought that had to be bad quality video of a very accurate, large scale ducted fan RC F-104 until seeing the rest of the video!

I think this guy had been ‘inspired’ by Bob Hoover who did this maneuver (at least) with the T-28, T-39, F-86, Shrike Commander and the not exactly overpowered Commander 114.

1 Like

I did this with their P3D version of the 104G a couple times, it wasn’t easy.

SIM SKUNK WORKS is pleased to present its radar NASARR 15 that will be used on the new SSW TF-104G for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
Radar as well the cockpit is still WIP but very promising.
Radar operations ares based on SRTM (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) and reflectivity maps that can be either used locally or on-time downloaded from our cloud server.
These maps are used to compute reflectivity intensity and
radar shadows rendered on radar screen.
At time Italy, Germany and UK are covered by those maps, others
countries will be added later.
Radar can operate in air-to-air, air-to-ground (both pencil and
spoil), contour map and terrain avoidance modes.

CREDITS:
original code: Davide Passoni
modification and enhancement: Marcin Lizer
wasm interface: Mario Motta

14 Likes

Incredible work! I was wondering if development was still happening, hadn’t heard anything in a while.

Yes it is. We are working on internal model (it is finished,both front and rear cockpits,we are texturing).
We hope to deliver it on market within a month from now,more or less.
Due to the fact that we care a lot about detailing and “feeling” of being on board,developing results always a little longer than usual.

3 Likes

A little preview of cockpit W.I.P…

8 Likes

12 Likes

No words!
I can’t wait…

It’s beautiful!!!

:star_struck: take my money!