Development of sim skunk works LOCKHEED TF-FRF-104 G

I just reloaded this model after a long hiatus and this solution is just useless. I flip in and out of the cockpit constantly and have no use for menus. This is the only aircraft that I have encountered this issue. Based on that buy something else folks.

We all share the same hobby , and love to fly virtual.In my humble opinion the Starfighter is one off the most realistic planes you can buy for msfs.And some of us try hard to make it even better.So it,s not fair to judge in an early stadium of devolpment.We should be thankfull instead.The F104 is beautiful and a lot of work and elbowgreas is already in it.So i support everyone out there trying to find solutions and more realism
Maybe the Wrightflyer is a good plane for Thelynxpa.

2 Likes

Hello,
may be you want be more specific about the issue you encountered, it seems a bit weird and never seen before.
btw:
Without wanting to be controversial and offensive the answer to your sentence:
“This is the only aircraft that I have encountered this issue. Based on that buy something else folks.”
could be:
This is the only user that has encountered this issue. Based on that

/SSW

2 Likes

Hello,
you are right, on first release MS did not complained to have .exe files in distro, so we could set the WebSimMSFS.icon.exe (which is required to make radar working).
Last releases do not have such file, however we are ready to pass the download link (as we did above) for users that ask it via help-desk@simskunkworks.it
MS do not want exe files in distro for their security reasons.
However we assure that it is not a security hole for your system.
/SSW

1 Like

Hello,
new version releases are on the way
/SSW

4 Likes

Yeah but I’m talking about a copy of the TF-104 I bought from the Just Flight store not the MS Marketplace. I can’t imagine that Just Flight have any restrictions about .exe files considering how the TF-104 and a ton of other addons sold on their store are distributed as .exe installer files.

hello,
yes i did understand that.
It’s just our security policy to adhere to MS restrictions, other distributors such as JF, ORBX, Aerosoft do not care about, they just sell what have received without any modification and/or warranty.
Users that want have radar working sholud make a request or download the exe from our link.
Hope this explain.
/SSW

3 Likes

Oh
 well I don’t think that’s such a good policy really. Microsoft are overly strict about what’s allowed on their marketplace and to follow those rules on other storefronts is pretty bizarre in my opinion. You obviously don’t consider the .exe file a security risk as you are willing to distribute it separately so why does it matter if it’s included in the installers from other stores? Is this also why the F-104 doesn’t come with weapons?

1 Like

I understand your position but consider our, in case Microsoft was involved in a security problem of MSFS it could blame a third-party developer who does not follow their rules, it already often happens that MS/ Asobo blames the content of Community, we do not want to take the risk, we prefer a solution that involves the user in asking for the exe file.
Same applies to weapons.
That is our position.

3 Likes

TF-104 G NEW VERSION 3.3.4.1 RELEASE
New version will be available soon at

• SimMarket
  • ORBX
  • Aerosoft
  • JustFlight
  • Ingested to MS MarketPlace waiting for validation

WHAT’S NEW:

• Fixed a bug in wasm module that was erroneously distributed in debug mode.
4 Likes

But Microsoft’s rules only apply to products bought from their Marketplace not outside. You’re just shooting yourself in the foot I’ve bought products from dozens of different developers from a bunch of different third party stores (or direct from the devs) and none of them have felt it necessary to follow Microsoft Marketplace policies for those externally sold products because it isn’t necessary. You really ought to re-consider your stance here because it really doesn’t make any sense.

3 Likes

hello,
If everyone does “like this” it does not mean that this is the right way, it also happens that those who go against the current are on the right path.
I hope that settles it.
greetings

3 Likes

Well I seriously don’t believe your policy is the ‘right way’ at all and find it really baffling but, I also see you’re not going to change your mind so no point in further debating it.
Cheers.

2 Likes

If the same applies to wealond, please post a weapons download here!

No weapons on FRF-TF 104G are loadable.
Early versions of G-91 for others vendors already have weapons loadable and droppable.
/SSW

2 Likes

I appreciate your understanding of our position

2 Likes

I got an event viewer warning associated with the WebSimMSFS App: Source: DistributedCOM, Event 10016 :
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user W11_SIMMER\balex SID (S-1-5-21-440603305-3715902555-1144456000-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Enjoying the updates, but I have discovered that the smoke issue is still there for the FRF version. The TF didn’t display this issue for me when I just loaded it up.
I seem to recall it was related to the second USA world update, something to do with the geyser effect for Old Faithful.

1 Like

I purchased the TF-104 at the Contrail Webstore and it shows as version 3.0.0. Is there a reason that they do not have the newest version?

I tried the updated version and now TACAN seems to work well, although it seems that it can only pick TACAN stations when flying at altitudes below 25,000 feet.
At above 25,000 feet it didn’t pick up TACAN station that I was trying to follow. Is this on purpose or is it some bug?

And I take the chance to report a couple of issues which I believe are definitely bugs/flaws:
1- The fuel consumption at high altitudes (around 40,000 feet) seem odd and off. For instance at these altitudes with afterburner on, the Fuel Flow is around 11,000 Pounds of Fuel per Hour. But at these same altitudes with Mil power or even slightly below the fuel consumption seems to be around 9,000-10,000 Pounds of Fuel per Hour. It seems off that there’s such a small diference in fuel consumption between MIL and AB - if it was this way then it would be better just to fly always with AB on because this way the range would be bigger (due to much faster speed) and as such it doesn’t make sense.
2- The Squawk/IFF code setting is completely off. It’s impossible to set certain Squawk/IFF codes.

1 Like