DG Aviation DG-1001E neo

I just uploaded a little mod for this glider on flightsim.to (https://flightsim.to/file/44490/dg-1001e-mod).
Real life glider pilots, please comment on the adjustments I made! If you want to fiddle by yourself with the numbers, you could have a look into th flight_model.cfg - search for “was” - so you will easily find where I adjusted values.

When activating dev mode in MSFS you can visualize a lot of sim variables, airflow and forces acting on the wings. There I found that the spoilers seem to be not really modelled as surfaces for the CFD aerodynamic computations. Instead of disturbing the airflow just over their own length there are changes in the aerodynamic forces over the whole wing span which shouldn’t be.

For adverse yaw, there are 2 parameters in the flight_model.cfg which I don’t really understand. So my changes were just guesswork.

As for aerobatics (yesterday I tried some loops, rolls, stall turn - didn’t succeed), the rudder and aileron authority seems low, but it may be just so in reality.

2 Likes