DG Aviation DG-1001E neo

The thing is RL gliding is one of the most accessible kinds of flying, you need to be only 16 years old to have SPL license.
People who never piloted RL craft expect that with high visual realism MSFS comes with highly realistic flight model. MSFS marketing support this view with all those feature reveal series and dev Q&A presentations and Jorgs/Sebs statements.
I have never heard any disclaimer do not use it for flight practice, I rather heard that real airliner and other pilots often use it. Thus supporting the claim “as real as it gets”.
Realiatically scanned gliders also give this impression.
Whether we like it or no young people will try supplement their RL glider training (to cut costs of training) with practicing gliders in MSFS. Even if MSFS would explicitly forbid its use for such purpose people will do it.
So the only sensible solution is to work on decently realistic flight model - accelerated stall is not something subtle.

BTW unitprice does not matter - if you multiply it by quantity of MSFS and real sims sokd youll get the amount of money involved in given sim.

1 Like

And you can even start active learning/training at 14. At least here in Germany.

1 Like

An update to the ‘glider does not brake’ problem. A bit late but maybe the solution also helps others.

I double checked my ‘brake’ settings (keyboard, rudder) as well, which seem all to be fine.
I ended up in assigning the ‘left brake axis’ and ‘right brake axis’ to the same Bravo lever, that also controls the spoiler axis (‘reverse axis’ checked for both).
This perfectly works in my context.

Is there a means to change the default Altimeter units (for DG-1001E)? On doing the glider training, the instrument is defaulting to Meters, whilst I have Hybrid configured & I’m expecting feet?
Is there a model file I can edit? what its filename & where would I find it - would be great.

I’m not sure that this is as easy as a single model to correct that. Yes, it’s sad that Microsobo only asked for a “true to life” glider and not one that would have universally correct instruments. Someone in the community has created a mod for the LS8 (see LS-8 Glider Imperial cockpit - Knots and Feet » Microsoft Flight Simulator) but so far nobody has delved into the DG1001 to do the same. Good luck if you set out to embark on that project.

The DG-1000E has a digital feet altitude display.

This was posted in this thread in Nov: DG Aviation DG-1001E neo - #118 by BlitzMeerkat?

Yay, i guess

There is an issue in the LX 9070 where the display get’s shifted to the top.

Scroll to the “Setup” page. Enter any of the menues. Hit close to go back out (you’re back on the setup page). Then with the bottom right knob scroll up.

Now the header is cut off, and everything on every screen will be shifte up by these pixels. It looks really ugly.

You can restore by turning off and on power it seems.

Also, the softkey labels on the “Search” page overlap the header text behind it.

1 Like

Hi, did you solve your problem ?
I have a similar one, on the first speed. The speed objective is ok (green), but the second doesn’t want to validate. But, all is fine and i didn’t touch any command for about 5 minutes, and nothing
 but the speed always green.
Am i missing something or just a bug ?

Does somebody know how to key bind the power engine control? I cant find it anywhere in the controls menu.

Quick question. I have been flying the DG-1001E neo and can’t work out how to get sound out of the Variometer. The needle moves up or down with lift and sink but I don’t hear the “beeps” that are associated with the movement. Can anyone advise what might be the issue please? It works in the Tutorials provide by the sim (in the same glider).

From memory, turn the knob top right of the big screen.

Best,
Underbird

2 Likes

Thanks. Actually it was the knob on the left.

Regards, Paul