Did you guys try the custom autopilot from FBW?

I’m getting confused. Deleted old folder and installed dev version - currently in flight all going well, but saw no option for throttle configuration in the EFB. In fact it looks exactly the same?

Because Dev version doesn’t have the custom throttle EFB. That only exists in the Experimental Custom version. So if you run the installer, choose the Experimental version. You’d still have to delete the old folders again I’m afraid, to avoid any conflicts.

PACX and SLC both needs FSUIPC, but I don’t feel any performance impact myself. I’m also using the Free one. I didn’t even know there was a paid one. I thought those only exists for the older flight sim like P3D or XPlane. I thought that since MSFS is different, the FSUIPC is using a different version that’s free.

Thanks for your thoughts re pacx! Ah that explains it - my installer doesn’t give me an option to instal experimental - only dev and stable. I’m guessing I need to update the installer as well!

Yeah, you need to get the latest release of at least version 1.1.3 that you can get here. They updated the installer into the new one with 3 options since January. So just uninstall your old version, and use this latest version. It auto-updates itself so you don’t have to worry about it from this point on.

Cheers - looking forward to trying it out!

Has the new update destroyed the Autothrottle? Using the TCA Airbus, throttles set to CLIMB, Visually in FS cockpit they are at the CLIMB detent, but the FD on the PFD is flashing LVR CLIMB.

As long as you properly calibrate the throttle using the EFB, you should be good.

I must admit I am struggling to calibrate the throttle. Any tips? Also - the Apply and Save buttons do not seem to be responding, suggesting I am probably doing something wrong. I’m just on a single axis throttle. Thanks!

@Neo4316 Already tried that and not getting anywhere.

That doesn’t sound right to me, Do you have any recording that you can share? I’m also using the TCA quadrant, and my quadrant is set to CLB, the virtual cockpit is showing CLB, and the PFD is showing THR CLB.

Did you move it at the right timing? You need to take off using either FLX/MCT or TOGA. Then you only move the throttle back to CLB “After” the LVR CLB is flashing, not before.

This should be fixed. When I pushed the build file, it worked locally but on the server the execute flag was missing, so the fadec.wasm was missing. It’s now there again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up- I just updated and am goin’ flying;-)

I flew one flight yesterday using the new custom/experimental version. It flew well and I really love how much more realistic it is even than before. My flight went well, I didn’t have any problems setting up my new throttle detent settings, and I had a nice smooth landing and great approach. Also, the new custom version seemed noticeably smoother than the stable and dev versions which was nice to see.

As far as the AP goes though, one bug that continued throughout the flight was that every time I reached a waypoint, the aircraft always banked the wrong direction initially. This caused the aircraft to have to correct itself by banking hard the opposite direction. That was a bit annoying I must say. I reported it on here and the GitHub page so hopefully it will be fixed soon (if not already since I haven’t flown yet today). This is with the AP engaged and in NAV mode.

Lastly, I did experience some slight issues with the HDG/NAV mode also. For some reason, it kept switching out of NAV mode and into HDG mode. Idk why it kept doing that, but I eventually managed to keep it in NAV mode during climb.

1 Like

This might be helpful to you guys struggling with throttle setup : https://youtu.be/OCCJOQyWyq8?t=616

Thank you for your feedback.

I think the swaying should be much improved with the latest version because I switched the input source.

In regards to NAV there are certain conditions that need to be right so you can engage NAV, so you can also loose NAV.

In general it’s still using the default FPM for LNAV that has its flaws as we know.

That’s why I’m also looking forward to the custom implementation, bc it will unleash the full power of the custom AP in that area…

1 Like

Im testing the new custom autopilot version.
I previously deleted my old A32nx folder placed in community and the old folder placed in local state.
I did my throttle calib properly for my TCA Airbus quadrant. Apply and save.
Everything is OK , I’m updating the mod always before I fly just ro have the most recent versión available at the moment. The only thing its happen with the last two updates is when I’m starting the aircraft and setting my flight at the gate the log screen appears suddenly. The same that appears at the end of the flight for choosing continue flight, end flight, etc. This is normal when shutting off the engines at the end of flight but its normal it appears 4 minutes after starting a flight?

That doesn’t make sense… I didn’t have that myself. What’s your switch states? did you need to make any engine state movements throughout that 4 minutes?

No, i didn’t. I only did the normal procedures from startup: battts on, ext power, int & ext lights,
Baro ref, MCDU config, APU start before closing doors, etc…
The log screen appears 4 or 5 minutes after starting a flight in cold and dark. I press continue and screens and systems shut down for two seconds and then everything come back to my normal set up phase.
It doesn’t erase or reset my flight plan or aircraft state, so I can continue my startup normally.
Is very strange and I wanted to Know if is a Known bug of the recent custom FBW version of if its only me.

Looks like you’re having “phantom” inputs coming from your hardware. Whatever that is. Check your keyboard, mouse, controller, TCA quadrant, and sidestick. You could also have double binding in your commands with something to do with the engines and electrical.

Ok I will check it, thanks Neo.