Digital foundry Asobo interview August 1st Reasons why have poor LOD

Why is this news? It’s in the change log under the SDK heading.

Mate, that is gold. Maybe that’s the new road dev map going forward​:eyes::world_map:

2 Likes

“Make it fit into the box”

4 Likes

But…that cost money, only one build to care about thats money optimization. We have already paid

2 Likes

No joke I spent 10 months playing on a pc with integrated graphics (Ryzen 3400g) whilst waiting for VR to be released and in order to find exactly what hardware it required, how much it would cost and whether it would be worth it. Thanks to help from this forum I then took the plunge on the full 3090 setup and loved it last few months. Now I find when I look out the window to make my base turn I have trees magically sprouting up everywhere and find it won’t utilize more than 8gb of system RAM, my previous system would be loving this but I am not :joy:

6 Likes

Context is EVERYTHING here. They did so because of certain deadlines, and because they couldn’t allocate two full teams covering both releases independently, compromise had to be made. However, as Jörg said…now that the Xbox is out of the way, that team can fully focus on the PC again, after all we’re going to get DX12 soon, and the eyecandy will be cranked up again. It’s important that we look at it the right way. That said, nobody is telling you that you can’t be mad at the deadlines imposed by management…We know that story since forever, and it won’t ever change, just as Austin won’t ever strike a deal with google. It has to be accepted and we need to move on.

16 Likes

But you did not mention he said that was made for the series S, the series X uses more memory! As well he said they changed LOD, on PC you can have whatever LOD you want.

1 Like

I, we really hope this will be the case. One thing is clear. They will not have two separate versions or do a roll back, which some are hoping for. Maybe logical step forward is some 2nd port integration into the tech stack. That allows Asobo to add things like rendering sliders to those who have high end PC. Can crank up and utilise the Ram, GPU to its full potential.

I wonder why can’t they write a code to identify the hardware performance of the PC / Xbox and adjust memory and performance accordingly without downgrading visuals and performance for netter more powerful hardware.

4 Likes

There are always many ways to interpret what anyone says in the media today.

It’s all entertainment at the end of the day designed to put money in their pockets from ours.

Do we know if the release is singular or is there an Xbox and PC version?

Sorry, where has this been said?

Just set time to midnight and weather to “foggy” and you wont notice the downgrade :clown_face:

4 Likes

This isnt an excuse at all and shouldnt even be accepted as. If they are having wrong management (which is quite obvious when we see how they rush every release), this is their problem, their own fault. Which lead to such situation as the U5. And customers are fully in their right to say that they mesed-up, because they did.

7 Likes

Did you read my post fully? You should, before replying like that.

“We’ve made the decision long ago that we will never dumb down the sim.”

10 Likes

That’s not entirely true. Yes I know some have gone into the cfg. file and increasedLOD and couple of other tweaks. I myself have too. While it does have an improvement. It actually creates more drastic popping. Cause Asobo have pretty much throttled the Ram limit, by lowering rendering mesh and few other things. If you have 16gb or more is not being utilise, not matter what you change in the cfg. file.

6 Likes

I feel very disappointed and angry with ASOBO/MSFS. There silence does them no good!

7 Likes

In interviews with Jörg and other members from Asobo.

You joke but this is honestly what I’ve been doing… Practising some virtual reality IFR in the A320nx and 787 heavy mod, until I get my beloved VFR sim back

2 Likes

Yup. That’s why austin decided, that after 26 years it’s time to integrate seasons, because he needs to keep giving people a reason to buy his game. No cash, no development.

1 Like