Disable FPS Windows?

Hey i cannot close the FPS display

I enabled developer to check fps.
Then i disabled fps and exit developer mode. When exit developer mode the fps displays appears again. wtf?
i habe tried to set developer settints to default but i cant disable the fps display…

any ideas?

Hi, yes this does happen - you have to wait for the flight to finish or otherwise exit to desktop and then once you start a new flight the FPS counter should not be there any more.

1 Like

This happens to me as well. Once I disable dev mode, the fps counter remains on the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the sim.

2 Likes

There is one benefit to it. You can disable dev. mode, keep the FPS counter on screen, and still have your flight log correctly. It would still be nice to actually turn it off though without the relaunch.

1 Like

after restart fps is still there… :grin:

It will if you left dev. Mode on. Disable dev. Mode from the general menu, not closing it from the dev. Mode menu itself.

Just go back to dev mode, then use the top menu to disable FPS counter. Then exit Dev mode again.

I take the opportunity to remind everyone, do not use the FPS Display from the Dev Mode if you’re not working with it. While playing in dev mode and/or using add-ons (including liveries), the following information is not recorded or tracked:

• Statistics
  • Achievements
  • Logbook entries

We recommend to use the FPS counter from the Xbox Game Bar app:

How do I see my FPS?

Windows 10 has a built-in FPS counter in the Xbox Game Bar app. To use the FPS counter over your game, there are a few one-time steps you might need to take.

Important! You’ll need Xbox Game Bar version 3.34.11002.0 or later to use the FPS counter.

1. Press Windows logo key Win + G to open Game Bar, then select Widget menu > Performance.
  2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.
  3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
    When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in Xbox Game Bar.
1 Like

Taleboules2146, does this work in VR mode as well ?

AFAIK this doesn’t work in VR mode because it’s an extra window. You won’t see it inside the glasses. The dev mode counter isn’t readable there either. (I used the windows counter, hit pause, took off the glasses and had a look :wink:
I had a problem with the windows counter because the user didn’t belong to the correct group. But there is a workaround if you don’t get any numbers:

• run ‘cmd’ as admin, type this:
  • net localgroup Leistungsprotokollbenutzer < Benutzername> /add
  • reboot
    Sorry, I have no idea what the original english word for 'Leistungsprotokollbenutzer" (german) is :wink: - ‘Benutzername’ equals ‘user name’
    Pleas remove the space between ‘<’ and ‘Benutzername’ (that was the only way to write this sequence here)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.