Disable logo movies at start up (which takes long enough already)?

If you download the SDK there is a laucher that skips that.

I find really disgusting those spash screens EVERY time you launch a game :frowning:

1 Like

Just tried it myself. I think it will work if you got it from Microsoft Store because it looks for the FlightSim in appdata/local/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App

I have it on steam so when I open the fsdevmodelauncher.exe it just moans that it can’t find Flight Sim. Hopefully if you want to use it you got msfs from MS Store :smiley:

Maybe there is a way to invoke the application using a different path, i’ve already tried moving it into the same directory and dragging FlightSimulator.exe onto the launcher, neither worked :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hm, bummer, I have MSFS from Steam too. HOWEVER… check out this link! That guy apparently found out where the videos’ are, how to replace them (with an empty 2 sec video), and also how to disable the WWise picture! I will give this a try this evening (and if anyone does it before me, let us know how it works out)! I will also see what happens if you simply delete the video’s and the picture… maybe MSFS will lock up but maybe it will just skip everything then.

Okay, gave the replacing/renaming file option a try and… it works! No more videos and no more WWise screen! However… I only gained 22 seconds from all this. With the video’s the total time to PRESS ANY KEY is 1 minute and 19 seconds and without them it’s 57 seconds… Most of the time is being taken (39 seconds) by the game doing nothing… just showing the desktop and apparently trying to decide what to do.

22 seconds isn’t much but watching those video’s everytime is annoying so… I might keep it like this. However, if someone is having success with that SDK on a Steam version…!

If you are a Steam user:

3 Likes

Nice! I will test that later on!

EDIT
We have a winner! Using the -FastLaunch option it takes 50 seconds to get to PRESS ANY KEY! That;s 29 seconds won, no annoying video’s and it doesn’t take too much work either!

1 Like

Does anybody other than myself find the movie sequence or animations just prior to “Ready to Fly” vastly annoying and a waste of time?? Like, when your ready to Fly, can’t you just be parked, sitting on the tarmac, and then Taxi to the runway…like in X-Plane? Instead of watching all the commercials!! Can you turn that feature/sequence OFF and just manually Taxi to your point of takeoff??

I think there’s an option for it

just replace the Videofiles with blank one… loadsup even faster

Did you actually read the topic you posted in…?

Hes talking about the sequence after you are about to go in-game where it asks you to press Read to Fly and then places in you the plane.

What I really HATE is the need to “press any key”! What’s the point for that? Could asobo remove that absurd thing?

6 Likes

If you bought the Win10 Store version, create a new shortcut on the desktop:
cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

6 Likes

To Berndt73
Remove “quote” on -FastLaunch work better
cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch
Great thanks “adopted”

2 Likes

can someone point me to where I can find FS 2020. I bought the store version but only see it in start up.
Running Win 10

Just point the shortcut to “any” file. It doesn’t have to point to the flightsim exe, which BTW is in a protected folder under Program files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

1 Like

Not sure I understand .I thought a shortcut was to the program itself.
Not computer savvy, just want to try and get it to load faster without all the prestuff if I can

I got it
Thanks

that’s the ANY KEY to you!

one of these days I am going to assign that to a key

Seems I have to press all the keys before anything starts