Disable Multiplayer if you are flying the DC-6 - Recommended by PMDG

Mods should run in a protected sandbox according to Asobo, so the sim shouldn’t crash because of a mod. It simply shouldn’t have that power.

The bug is in the multiplayer feature of the sim because the aircraft is complicated.
Complicated aircraft should work and the multiplayer feature should support it.

According to PMDG Asobo is aware of this bug so they acknowledged it’s their job to fix it. So what you are saying is simply not how it works. The multiplayer feature should support every aircraft.

So if Asobo acknowledged it’s a bug in the multiplayer feature, this discussion belongs in the Bugs section, not the Addon section of the forums.

OR we wait until the next ''complicated" aircraft will come out next year and then take it serious.

1 Like

If Asobo already acknowledge it’s a bug that is being worked on a fix, then there’s really no more need of a discussion. But Forum moderators and admins need to be aware of this too, otherwise, they would be operating under the general guidelines. In other words, if it’s mentioning any third-party aircraft, it goes to the third-party discussion regardless of context.

So you need to contact the forum moderators, and attach the relevant evidence from PMDG saying that Asobo is aware that it’s a bug in the sim, so Moderators can be aware that this should be under bugs and can be voted on.

1 Like

I wonder if Asobo’s fix will just be a try/catch to default to a generic aircraft.

So if that’s true, eventually Asobo’s job is to make the sim not crash due 3rd party’s incomplete implementation and PDMG’s job is to make DC6 appear in MP

1 Like

Switching to generic aircraft doesn’t make a difference for me, it still crashes. And the external model itself has a low quality version of the cockpit so the model itself isn’t heavy on the sim.
I think it’s just a bug and not a limitation.

2 Likes

Thanks for checking that. It was worth a shot.

Hello guys,

I always have the multiplayer disabled because I fly on the IVAO network. However, I’m experiencing random CTD of the DC-6. Sometimes 10 minutes after loading, sometime later. I think there are more CTD reasons, not only the multiplayer one.

If it helps, I use SAITEK / SPAD.next software, with IVAO software, plus some software for running my streamings on Twitch like OBS, LiveStudio… Additionally the most CTD I have experienced were in LEMD Airport (asobo premium version of it).

I think my PC is not the issue in terms of hardware (really good one). Neither a bad installation as I have tried other planes/mods like the CJ4 Working Title in a long flight and no issue. So I suppose we will need to wait until any update pops up…

I have same issue, MP not working with DC6, disabling MP traffic not works as well, any one rised the ticket?

4 Likes

Oh sweet! MP fix coming soon!

Hello!

In my case I have continued to experience CTDs even after removing the multiplayer as I told you before. I’ve been working all day today to identify the source of the CTD’s and I’ve finally figured out the problem!!!

I reinstalled the simulator from scratch and left the community folder empty except for DC-6. It turned out that the CTD’s were still there. So after analyzing other factors like the performance of my PC (GPU/CPU/RAM/SSD…) and seeing that they were not related, I saw that it only happened in big airports like LEMD or LEPA (Spain). It turned out that even if I had the multiplayer disabled (as it was already identified as a bug), if other DC-6 spawned as static airport traffic after 15-20 minutes a CTD was produced. That is why at small airports, where the DC-6 was not generated as static airport traffic, it was able to fly without a problem.

Following these steps solved the CTDs for me:

• Options > General > Traffic > Aircraft Ground Density = 0.
  • Options > General > Traffic > Traffic Variety = Low

I hope this helps other users who are reporting CTDs even though they have disabled multiplayer.

Best regards!

So is this bug still a thing? I experience CTDs regularly with this plane but I can’t imagine that this bug still isn’t fixed?

I hope so, and i hope the same is not going to happen to the 737 since there will likely be a LOT of them.