Disapointed with how the G1000/3000 Update was handled

Thankyou for taking the time to post your detailed reply straight from the horses mouth to give some real context to some of the opinions flying around ( term of phrase, don’t actually think you’re an equine :joy:)

Not sure whether you can answer, and understand if not, but will your work be covering all the aircraft including those in the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe versions?

Use the 530 Mod, it fixes the “flyback” bug for the 530 and 430, let’s you store flightplans and has implemented amazing functionality. The same developer (a trusted 3rd party developer) is currently working a GTN 750 Mod: GTN750 Project - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Anyone who flies GNS-equipped aircraft and isn’t using this mod is doing it wrong. It’s a thing of beauty. I wouldn’t even dream of not using it.

1 Like

I don’t know yet if we’ll be targeting them specifically, but we will be bringing our Garmin improvements in, so they will at least be affected by that. That’s not a no, but I just don’t know yet.

You’ll get your 1.0 (not sure on the Virtual Pathways)! But whether or not that stuff lands in the mod or in the sim is still a bit open and dependent on dev and sim update timing.

And thanks for the kind words, all

-Matt

1 Like

I was surprised to see how limited the G1000 functionality is after this many months. It is severely lacking when compared to XPlane-11 G1000. After a week playing around with MS2020, I went back to XPlane. I hope eventually MS2020 would play catch up but from the look of things, we’re talking 2022 and beyond to get such a decent upgrade to the avionics.

1 Like

Exactly, I was hoping that SU3 would bring XP-like avionics. Sounds like there is a much longer road ahead. Time will tell if partnering with Working Title was the right call…but at least some progress / effort is being made.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.