Disappointed in Sim Update 5

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000149195e
Faulting process id: 0x2960
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78465644d8473
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 58f58711-5a28-4286-80eb-42d1fbc75394
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

All this is a consequence of the fact that we have one version on the console and pc. And while Asobo is trying to shove a high-performance simv the bottleneck of the console’s resources, we will have graphical deterioration in the future. I created a vote for the separation of versions on PC and XBOX, if you support such a solution, I ask you to vote. Separate versions for PC and XBOX - #5 by noxbox4methx

4 Likes

It’s funny to read that everyone just has problems here.
I really can’t complain about the download of the embedding of the mods, everything went off without a hitch.
I also had my first 2 hour flight over Germany and had really clean 60FPS in vsync on Ultra in FullHD and no lag or abnormalities at all

4 Likes

I don’t have a stutter, I now have a freeze which can last a minute or more. It’s new with this update so I do lay it off on the Sim. I’m not alone, either, there are many of us affected by this new bug and it’s a huge deal.

4 Likes

I was such a happy camper prior to SU5. I consider my computer to be around a mid range. Specs - AMD ryzen 3900, Radeon 570 8gb gpu, 32gb rams. She does not have a beast of a gpu. Though I tuned the graphics to sweet spot to get best performance… Yes at times when either departing or landing at some airports. I’d get frame drops and slight stuttering. That would go away after about 2000ft climb. When I’d engage the AP in the very reliable FBW A32NX (Not anymore) I could sit back and enjoy the beautiful crisp LOD scenery below. Whether it’s a city, or flying over some beautiful mountains like South Island of New Zealand. Which I’d take screenshot and compile into slide show for desktop. Family and friends would see one of the screen shots, with a “wow how was that taken” To which I’d reply. “That’s from MSFS 2020, how awesome does it look”. Sadly after the longest update download time ever. I encountered the dread I was fearing. First it was issues with FBW A32nx to which still not working(no fault of FBW). Then the stupid Lock controls, which I had to search forums to find out need to revert to legacy. Though the biggest let down was when I did manage to get the Flybywire A320nx in the air. Was the terrible LOD even at 5000ft.worse as you climb higher altitudes. So my thoughts and feelings are, we the PC community have been sold out to xbox series. No doubt Asobo and Microsoft have culled the once nice crisp graphics to cheap gaming version. If you look at xbox series x specs. It’s Ram is only 16gb.I remember Asobo saying we’ve lowered the Ram demand as it’s not really needed. My opinion is that was total BS. They lowered the Ram for low Ram xbox has. All you need to do is go back just only few months. When 32gb was recommended. Which makes sense. First time ever, I lost interest in FS2020. Fells like I going back the FSX days,sigh…

9 Likes

Well, I gave up with VR a few months ago well before SU5 on Quest 2. Too much jittering in the cockpit view plus it didn’t seem very well optimised compared with IL2. I think Asobo achieved the headline that the sim supported VR and moved onto other things. Not sure what improvements are going to be made here but I don’t think they will be made any time soon.

On the flip side some people seem pretty happy with the VR experience so ‘your mileage might vary’.

Very immersive though and it took me a bit of time to start enjoying pancake mode again :slightly_smiling_face:

ah… well. Couldn’t get SU5 to kick in and was stuck on SU4 running happily but for some reasons SU5 started to install this morning…so… yeah. I’m a few GB in and the game crashes while downloading-unpacking, had to restart the PC for it to reopen. Can’t say I’m too exciting. Got a proper HOTAS over the weekend for this game and upgraded my whole setup (3080ti, 5800x) to get a top VR experience and… it was pretty ■■■■ impressive so far. Reading this thread is quite disheartning… I mean sure, there is a whole lot of drama but ultimately there are a lot of factual observations that make no sense ie, any loss in graphic fidelity. CTDs and other glitches aren’t great but can be fixed over time rapidly… the decision to dumb down the whole game visually for the sake of claiming Massive FPS gain is ludicrous.

1 Like

Oh lord, this again. I seriously wish mods would crack down harder on the Xplane propaganda squad and get them out of here. If we wanna play (yes, it’s a game) Xplane, we go do that, but this forum is about Msfs2020. P3D is even better than Xplane in some regards and has more high quality payware, so that’s another option. But we want Msfs2020, not that outdated windtunnel simulator.

Personally I just don’t see that as being true. Yes Microsoft has branded the Series X as the most power flip console, they’ve not branded as the most powerful gaming system because it isn’t. I say this owning both the Series X and PS5, consoles are very different beast because you’re locked to the hardware within them. My Xbox Series X will be the same as it now five years away and there probably won’t be anything I can do to improve it and that’s just not the case with PC.

I of course understand peoples frustration with this update but if this game is supported in the way the roadmap suggests, it would be quite strange to force everyone on the same track regardless of which system they use.

I think there are quite a few issues with the update. (crossing my fingers for you on the update procedure for you. It’s a pretty bad experience).

I think the CTDs and a few other things are a real thing but for me it is a great experience. Not noticed any deterioration in visual fidelity and fps is now fantastic but I accept that everybody’s experience may be different.

I think quite a few people are having genuine issues (all the forum posts can’t be wrong) but as usual quite a few people are jumping on the band wagon and seeing it as a perfect opportunity to rant and make negative and toxic comments.

I really do sympathise with those simmers having real issues but really some of the ranters need to get a life.

2 Likes

I fully agree with you. I have yet to see actual proof of a visual downgrade. Not saying it isn’t there, but I haven’t personally seen it, I’m open to have my mind changed. I see a lot of screaming, and that’s fine, but I see no actual detailed explanations of where and what the downgrades and ‘dumbing down’ really are. Where are the screenshots and the videos, detailing the downgrades with proper explanations?

Yes, I know … Not disagreeing.

Liked the ‘wind tunnel’ comment. Patent that one. It was quite funny :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

O yes! When I updated the sim, I could not start any flight. It got stuck, when it loaded the flight.
Then I deinstalled the whole sim with the Windows App deintsaller and loaded the whole sim from Microsoft store. This does NOT take any longer then updating the sim,by the by.
Then everything worked to my fullest satisfaction. Only the CRJ produced CDT after a time of flight. But this is not the sim’s problem. Any other aircraft no problems .

From now on, I always will deinstall and reinstall the sim, if there is a giga-big update. This is the best option. I already did this with P3D.

They are awful! One dimensional!

1 Like

Capture.PNG

Is possible to downgrade msfs 2020? I prefer the update 4.

5 Likes

No, you can’t.

They should’ve forked the game, SU5 should’ve gone to Xbox and just leave it like that.
Keep the PC version with a seperate continued SU cycle.
Give both versions World Updates…But hey what would another DEV know about forking a product based on their user base.

-Clouds are terrible…What on earth are these lines now??
-Constant FC with an empty Community folder! Can’t be bothered to debug.
-Seems no one talked about the terrible navigation experience in the menus?? Why does it say like joystick button 5 or 9 or whatever now…I’ve a keyboard, just like before with keys.

It’s a sim…I got my graphics to around 30fps. Why everyone think they need to pump up to 60+. Enlighten me on the benefit when the graphics just look terrible.

9 Likes

They just play discovery flights which aren’t the same as open world flying

1 Like